Old 13 March 2016, 16:35   #21

Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Good choice I reckon... you'll have less exposure to risk with the Honwave in my opinion and with the 15hp should be a nippy outfit. Look forward to hearing reports of the first outings.

I think I need to have confidence in advising purchase of a new Aerotec (post Sept 2015) restored by a few stories of folks buying fault free ones and being pleased with their condition.

After owning a couple of sibs, reading lots of ribnet posts etc and lots of research I think the honwave/15hp outfit should perform well, be manageable out of the water and sell on easily with little depreciation

I'm getting a very good deal, the honwave launch wheels are expensive but the Europa wheels are cheaper and compatible

I need a bravo (or similar) inflator, insurance then I can hit the water

Hopefully next weekend (weather dependent) will be her maiden voyage 😀😀....... Pics will follow shortly
Old 07 May 2016, 15:49   #22

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
Not sure about the customer service at this outfit. I fancied one of their bow canopies to fit onto my Honwave 3.5 AE. Rang them and explained what I wanted and that it wasn't to go on an excel......

Talk about crap sales technique , immediately said it was custom made and wouldn't fit anything else ( I said that's fine as I have someone who could do any alterations) then said he didn't know if they had stock and told me to order it on their website and was completely dismissive !

Ordered/enquired on their web order form & guess what, not even a reply. Now I appreciate that my little order of £70-£80 plus postage isn't large but these days customer service goes a long way towards future orders.

I genuinely hope that mr hopeless who couldn't be bothered to assist me on the phone and with my enquiry goes onto some other career than sales as he's no use at it...
Old 07 May 2016, 16:45   #23

Town: warrington
Make: Honwave T32
Engine: Mercury 15 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlers View Post
Not sure about the customer service at this outfit. I fancied one of their bow canopies to fit onto my Honwave 3.5 AE. Rang them and explained what I wanted and that it wasn't to go on an excel......

Talk about crap sales technique , immediately said it was custom made and wouldn't fit anything else ( I said that's fine as I have someone who could do any alterations) then said he didn't know if they had stock and told me to order it on their website and was completely dismissive !

Ordered/enquired on their web order form & guess what, not even a reply. Now I appreciate that my little order of £70-£80 plus postage isn't large but these days customer service goes a long way towards future orders.

I genuinely hope that mr hopeless who couldn't be bothered to assist me on the phone and with my enquiry goes onto some other career than sales as he's no use at it...

Strangely I received a phone call today from excel asking if I was still interested, I told him I'd bought a honwave instead...... You'd think he'd want to sell the canopy regardless of what you choose to do with it
Old 07 May 2016, 17:00   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by thestig1973 View Post
Strangely I received a phone call today from excel asking if I was still interested, I told him I'd bought a honwave instead...... You'd think he'd want to sell the canopy regardless of what you choose to do with it
You might. But (a) if they honwave has a canopy that becomes another selling point for them. (b) when you get it and decide modifying it will be too hard will you come back for refund (c) why did you contact him and explain all that - why not make the purchase. So he is left thinking you want his approval. (d) why modify rather than start from scratch?
Old 07 May 2016, 19:32   #25

Town: Sticks, N.Yorks
Boat name: Tamanco
Make: Honwave 3.5AE
Engine: Tohatsu Outboard
I did explain that it was an experiment completely at my risk and expense with absolutely no expectations of any refund or warranty.

I got the distinct impression that he wasn't interested in even discussing a sale as it wasn't for an excel.

In the grand scheme of things I'm only tinkering and for a few quid seemed worth a punt. Just struck me as a complete plank of a bloke, I dare say if I was interested in a boat/engine package it would have been a different story.

Maybe a one off but I'm just airing my experience. I hope he reads this and somebody else doesn't have to waste their time dealing with mr apathy...
Old 08 May 2016, 09:46   #26

Town: southampton
Make: honwave 3.2
Engine: honda 10hp
Had an almost identical experience the other day when I contacted them about buying a seat cushion/bag for my honwave. rubbish.