Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 13 October 2019, 15:24   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
Excel boats

Anyone seen the excels with the v3 floor which I believe is a speed tube floor?
__________________

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 16:07   #2
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,249
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Anyone seen the excels with the v3 floor which I believe is a speed tube floor?


Didnít see or hear of them at the boat show Jeff.
__________________

__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 October 2019, 17:11   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
It says on some models Dave I've sent a mail to enquire I think it's on the 435 HD boats only. Ant news on yours yet?
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 04:47   #4
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,249
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
It says on some models Dave I've sent a mail to enquire I think it's on the 435 HD boats only. Ant news on yours yet?


Picked it up last week, been busy fitting the transom wheels, plotter, sounder transducer etc. Hoping to get it wet mid November, weather permitting.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 04:59   #5
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
great interested to know how you get on with the wheels never worked for me, ive booked ardoran for a 3 days mid week next week to test the engine so hope the weather plays ball mind if it works and i can get my confidence back in it that'll be a bonus
link to that vanguard model

https://www.excel-inflatables.co.uk/...oat-xhd435.php
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:08   #6
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,249
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
great interested to know how you get on with the wheels never worked for me, ive booked ardoran for a 3 days mid week next week to test the engine so hope the weather plays ball mind if it works and i can get my confidence back in it that'll be a bonus
link to that vanguard model

https://www.excel-inflatables.co.uk/...oat-xhd435.php


Will do on the wheels This SIB game is all new to me, so Iím on a learning curve. Why didnít they work for you?
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:16   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Will do on the wheels This SIB game is all new to me, so Iím on a learning curve. Why didnít they work for you?
i couldnt lift the bow for long enough with minimal kit not enough balance from the wheel position with the 25hp on the back, mind the boat weighs in at 100 kg on its own. tested it on my yard no way was i going to pull my guts out on a beach not to say you won't manage just didnt work for me with the fixed engine at 62 kg
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:45   #8
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,249
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
i couldnt lift the bow for long enough with minimal kit not enough balance from the wheel position with the 25hp on the back, mind the boat weighs in at 100 kg on its own. tested it on my yard no way was i going to pull my guts out on a beach not to say you won't manage just didnt work for me with the fixed engine at 62 kg


Iíve wheeled it around the garden & across the gravel drive ok. No kit in, just boat/engine/fuel tank. My only concern is that the pin will jump out of the locating notch if we go over rough ground or hit a lump. Iíll suck it & see.
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 05:57   #9
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Iíve wheeled it around the garden & across the gravel drive ok. No kit in, just boat/engine/fuel tank. My only concern is that the pin will jump out of the locating notch if we go over rough ground or hit a lump. Iíll suck it & see.
not sure what wheels you have i put drop nose bolts/pins in mine.

sounds like you have the right balance there or you'd be moaning
__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 06:54   #10
Member
 
Pikey Dave's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 9,249
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
........or you'd be moaning


Dunno what you mean
__________________
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 October 2019, 08:54   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,473
got a call from excel it adds about £500 on to have the speed tubes on any vanguard made to order, made from hytex 0.9mm thick with double thickness hull skin
__________________

__________________
jeffstevens763@g is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 14:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×