Old 28 June 2013, 07:12   #1

Town: uk
Boat name: ?
Make: honawave
Length: 3m +
Engine: 9.9 outboard
easy launch good fishing

i am a disabled person. who uses my 3m+ air deck for close in fishing. i go with what ever friend i can commandeer at the time. (as i need the help)
so i am looking for easy places to launch in or around north wales. but farther afield is not out of the question, we use launch wheels, so all tide slips would be great. i have insurance and all safety gear. safety first at all times. even beach launch is an option.. many thanks
dennis
Old 28 June 2013, 07:34   #2

Town: West Midlands
Boat name: Freespirit
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki DF 140
Good morning

We go to abersoch as you can drive onto the beach with car and boat, you can get yourselves ready and then launch, if your lucky the tide will be in your favour, in our case we need tide in so its deep, you may prefer shallow water with a sib, plenty to do, lots of fish, coffee shop on the beach and showers to rinse everything off before you go home, just need a young volunteer to go park the car and then retrieve later when your done ( that's what we do anyway!)

Morfa nefyn and nefyn are also boat friendly beaches with again lots to see and do.

Best of luck
Old 29 June 2013, 13:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by freespirit3 View Post
Good morning

We go to abersoch as you can drive onto the beach with car and boat, you can get yourselves ready and then launch, if your lucky the tide will be in your favour, in our case we need tide in so its deep, you may prefer shallow water with a sib, plenty to do, lots of fish, coffee shop on the beach and showers to rinse everything off before you go home, just need a young volunteer to go park the car and then retrieve later when your done ( that's what we do anyway!)

Morfa nefyn and nefyn are also boat friendly beaches with again lots to see and do.

Best of luck
thanks for that defo look into it....
Old 09 July 2013, 22:11   #4
RIBnet supporter

Town: Accrington
Length: no boat
Bump, good post, interested in this myself any more?
Old 14 July 2013, 19:32   #5

easy launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartiny View Post
Bump, good post, interested in this myself any more?
we normally launch from conway. just parl on the road and launch from the beach. pain in the backside coming back in, as its pebble beach, not much good with launch wheels... where do you go out from
Old 14 July 2013, 19:56   #6
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepy1263 View Post
we normally launch from conway. just parl on the road and launch from the beach. pain in the backside coming back in, as its pebble beach, not much good with launch wheels... where do you go out from
We are new to this sibbing lark . so only been to Conniston (initial test) and just had 10 fantastic days on Loch lomond, made me realise that a 2.8 mtr with a 9.8hp on the back goes like stink when you can get it on the plane but its too small (Loch Lomond can get very choppy/rough ).
So have just purchased (well i feel like i stole it really what a bargain) a used 4 mtr Humber sib with a Mariner 25hp 2 stroke.

So i was looking for fairly easy /interesting launching sites Norh Wales/ North West within a couple of hours drive from Lancashire
Old 16 July 2013, 07:16   #7

launch

Quote:
We are new to this sibbing lark . so only been to Conniston (initial test) and just had 10 fantastic days on Loch lomond, made me realise that a 2.8 mtr with a 9.8hp on the back goes like stink when you can get it on the plane but its too small (Loch Lomond can get very choppy/rough ).
So have just purchased (well i feel like i stole it really what a bargain) a used 4 mtr Humber sib with a Mariner 25hp 2 stroke.

So i was looking for fairly easy /interesting launching sites Norh Wales/ North West within a couple of hours drive from Lancashire
you have more or less the same as me.. i have 2.5m honwav with a 9.9 mariner

like i said. conway is easy launch. we fish alot. went out Thursday 9th mackerel. are in. so we did well. caught about 150 fish all in all.. any way. sorry for the fish story lol. but it is a nice day there for pleasure boating. you have the turbines. which i believe are about 5 or six mile out. (bigger than you think. when moored up next to one) then you have the great and little orm. two month ago we had two huge dolphins. in our wake. what a sight that was.. on a small inflatable. scary to say the least lol but fantastic sight. any ways sorry to bore you. hope you get a good launch. and safe boating my friend..
Old 16 July 2013, 09:39   #8
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
you have more or less the same as me.. i have 2.5m honwav with a 9.9 mariner

like i said. conway is easy launch. we fish alot. went out Thursday 9th mackerel. are in. so we did well. caught about 150 fish all in all.. any way. sorry for the fish story lol. but it is a nice day there for pleasure boating. you have the turbines. which i believe are about 5 or six mile out. (bigger than you think. when moored up next to one) then you have the great and little orm. two month ago we had two huge dolphins. in our wake. what a sight that was.. on a small inflatable. scary to say the least lol but fantastic sight. any ways sorry to bore you. hope you get a good launch. and safe boating my friend..
Thats brilliant information will definately have a few trips to Conway sounds like its well worth the travelling.

Wow 150 Mackerel , sounds like you need a bigger boat .

Thanks again
Old 21 July 2013, 18:46   #9

Quote:
Thats brilliant information will definately have a few trips to Conway sounds like its well worth the travelling.

Wow 150 Mackerel , sounds like you need a bigger boat .

Thanks again
in all honesty.. but i caught about 150 give or take,,mixed fish the was three of us. and all wasnt macky,, some doggie some whiting.. but the sport and the trip was well worth it.

take a bailing pump, as its a pain. coming back in to empty the boat. my prat of a mate. forgot ours. i was at the engine. so i got the brunt of the water, up to my ankles in water, lol..

any have a good day out my friend.
best regards
Old 23 July 2013, 08:15   #10

Quote:
i am a disabled person. who uses my 3m+ air deck for close in fishing. i go with what ever friend i can commandeer at the time. (as i need the help)
so i am looking for easy places to launch in or around north wales. but farther afield is not out of the question, we use launch wheels, so all tide slips would be great. i have insurance and all safety gear. safety first at all times. even beach launch is an option.. many thanks
dennis

You can launch from black rock sands for free if youre engine is under 10hp (once you have registered with the council)

Dead easy there, park right on the beach and access to Criccieth, Harlech etc
Old 23 July 2013, 08:38   #11
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
You can launch from black rock sands for free if youre engine is under 10hp (once you have registered with the council)

Dead easy there, park right on the beach and access to Criccieth, Harlech etc
Thanks for that I was going to ask about Black Rock Sands as I have been looking on Google Earth for potential easy launch sites, I have a 4mtr sib with a 25hp could I just turn up park on the beech then launch from the beech (once registered of course) or do you have to use a slip or dedicated launching area.
Do you know what the charges are for over 10hp engines, sorry for all the questions
Old 23 July 2013, 15:48   #12

Town: Cheshire
Boat name: Lou-Lou
Make: Honwave
Engine: Merc 9.9
Quote:
Thanks for that I was going to ask about Black Rock Sands as I have been looking on Google Earth for potential easy launch sites, I have a 4mtr sib with a 25hp could I just turn up park on the beech then launch from the beech (once registered of course) or do you have to use a slip or dedicated launching area.
Do you know what the charges are for over 10hp engines, sorry for all the questions
Black rock is where I launch from,parking on the beach costs £4(whole season is 40/45),you will need to register with the council,I'm under 10 hp so it's free launching
For me,registration cost £25.
You will need to sign a declaration for insurance purposes.
The best thing I could suggest is go and see the harbour master in Porthmadog,really help full and tell him your intentions obviously with a bigger motor the fees will be somewhat more than I pay...
There are dedicated launching areas.....maritime are on patrol and are on the ball as to where and where not to launch.but again they too are good chaps.
There are 2 access points to the black rock beach with your car and boat,one on beach road,not that good for launching and another at the end of Morfa bychan,this is where you are recommended to launch from,but because the beach is so big it's pretty good in most places except the beach road end,sandbanks appear very quickly as the tide is going out.
For places to go once launched Catch the tide right you can go back down the estuary into port via borth-y-guest which is a nice ride,Harlech beach isn't to far away either,or you can head over to cricceth and beyond...
Oh and launching is a piece of cake..

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Old 23 July 2013, 16:34   #13
RIBnet supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteH View Post
Black rock is where I launch from,parking on the beach costs £4(whole season is 40/45),you will need to register with the council,I'm under 10 hp so it's free launching
For me,registration cost £25.
You will need to sign a declaration for insurance purposes.
The best thing I could suggest is go and see the harbour master in Porthmadog,really help full and tell him your intentions obviously with a bigger motor the fees will be somewhat more than I pay...
There are dedicated launching areas.....maritime are on patrol and are on the ball as to where and where not to launch.but again they too are good chaps.
There are 2 access points to the black rock beach with your car and boat,one on beach road,not that good for launching and another at the end of Morfa bychan,this is where you are recommended to launch from,but because the beach is so big it's pretty good in most places except the beach road end,sandbanks appear very quickly as the tide is going out.
For places to go once launched Catch the tide right you can go back down the estuary into port via borth-y-guest which is a nice ride,Harlech beach isn't to far away either,or you can head over to cricceth and beyond...
Oh and launching is a piece of cake..

Sent from my iPad using Rib.net
Superb information, just what I needed thanks.
Now where can I get some 9.9hp stickers from ,
Old 25 July 2013, 20:28   #14

Town: abergele
Boat name: all mine
Make: ribtec 3m
Engine: tohatsu 9.8 hp 2st
Hi I live in towyn, llandudno is good to launch if you get as close to the paddeling pool as you can its a lot easier to retrive your boat, and less of a walk, but by far the best is pensarn beach go over the cobble bridge and turn right, I go an hour before high tide and fish for a coupple of hours I have had loads of mackrel this year but I also have a winch in the back of my van for pulling it up the beach, a word of warning the council bloke is a little hitler, we have had a coupple of barneys but I just ignor him and launch lol, there is also a old lauch ramp in llandulas but please go at low tide and study the rocks and ramp hope this helps
Paul