Old 27 December 2011, 05:53   #11
Town: Sussex
Make: RIBTEC 655
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yam 150
Over here we're too proud to admit our mistakes, unlike you lot, but we still make them, in ten years of boating I've.....

Destroyed a guard rail my Bav 32 and a bow roller on anther boat in the marina (first time ever at helm, with an instructor)
Crunched the front of a Ben 21.7, thought I'd engaged reverse but hand't and slammed it in
Destroyed the prop and lower leg on my last engine by hitting the slip
and only last week I did my skeg as my brother had put the boat on the trailer and I hadn't noticed the leg was down.

I always sit on the starboard side when using an outboard tiller, that way the throttle will be like a bike throttle and the reflex will be to twist it away to shut off.

thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 December 2011, 06:07   #12
Town: Jersey
Boat name: Archangel
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: ETec 225
MMSI: 235063789
I'll own up to the following: In the last three years I have wrecked a prop and gearbox by hitting a rock in unchartered waters, ran my boat aground in the fields of Avranches and nearly lost it, in fact have run aground more times than I care to remember, I have set off with my stern rope still attached to a shore cleat, dropped three mobile phones over the side and have accidently inflated two lifejackets by catching the pull cords in things around the boat.

GJ0KYZ is offline   Reply With Quote