Old 21 August 2014, 17:34   #11

Boat name: Uh...a kayak?
Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswood View Post
Thanks Trevor. I also store in garage to minimise temp changes and also careful not to over inflate just in case. Prob will deflate and roll up over winter to avoid probs.
I would not recommend rolling it as that is often hard on the PVC and can create folds. Sometimes causing glue to fail. Drain it down to where the tubes are 3/4 full of air and let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriswood View Post
Seriously starting to consider getting a Rib so can leave it on trailer all year round but limited due to garage only being 5m long. Ideally would like a 4.8m rib but would need to knock a hole through the wall for the trailer drawer bar!! :-) :-)
There are options.
What boat to buy?

Old 21 August 2014, 17:44   #12

Cheers Peter - will follow your advice. Interesting options re trailers etc

Old 21 August 2014, 18:11   #13

I keep mine trailered and use a galvanised pole in the jockey wheel clamp to lift the bow and let gravity do its thing.
Give it a right good hose out and let the crud out the drain hole.

I use one of these cheap siphon pumps to extract the stubborn stuff that doesn't come willing out the drain hole.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/131103913541?nav=SEARCH
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1408658606590.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	98139  
Old 22 August 2014, 03:17   #14

Town: Stotfold
Boat name: kimozo 2
Make: Ribtec
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 115 efi 4 st
Chris now have a rib for exactly same reason , I have a valiant 450. My garage is also 5mts long, after a lot of carefully checking befor purchase (with the boat I was buying) I found that if I moved front snubber post forward on trailer and moved boat forward I could just (touches door and front wall ) get it in garage, I move mine back to use but prob don't have to ,only takes a couple of mins to do, also very easty with a roller trailer, would be harder to move on bunks, hope giving some ideas.
Old 22 August 2014, 03:51   #15

Thanks Kaman for the siphon tip - would be useful to have around as there's only so much you can get out of drain hole - will be looking on eBay later.

Valiant 4.5m would be a good option and could see it workable with a 5m long garage. I've only used my SIB a few times (week in cornwall and week on Norfolk broads) so really need to get out more often. Not so easy as land locked in Northampton!! Maybe get another year's use out of SIB and then look at upgrading to a 4.5 rib Thanks for the info Trevor.
Old 22 August 2014, 13:28   #16

Town: Stotfold
Boat name: kimozo 2
Make: Ribtec
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mercury 115 efi 4 st
Hi Chris, land locked?i live in Hertfordshire, not too far from you but a min 2hrs from sea, also have a mate who lives in Coventry ,can't get much more inland than that, do you have face book, if so log on to team scooby or rhibs and outboards, we are a friendly lot all well into boating and meeting up for trips in company, camping etc, some have sibs and all sizes or rib, give us a try we don't bite. Trevor
Old 22 August 2014, 16:45   #17

Many thanks for the contact info. Def interested in getting out on the water more often and meeting up with some fellow Sib and Rib owners. I am on Facebook so will log on to the suggested groups and go from there. Cheers Trevor.