Old 10 August 2008, 14:37   #1

Town: shoreham
Make: zodiac
Length: 5m +
Engine: 40hp mariner
centre console in a SIB...?

hi-i have recently bought a 16ft zodiac (model 3260?) inflatable floor boat with a one-piece plywood (12mm) floor; i am considering moving the steering position and putting in a centre console-however, all centre consoles are made for polyester floors on ribs. would i be right in assuming that i could simply bolt a centre console through my ply floor, as long as i take measures to strengthen the ply around the join and protect the inflatable floor underneath from the protruding bolts? any other ideas greatfully received and thanks for your help.
Old 10 August 2008, 23:58   #2

Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
its not much but if you bolt through a ply floor, use cup square bolts, cup end down facing the bits that would not get on with sharp edges
Old 11 August 2008, 13:51   #3

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider 450 Rib
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 5/18/30 HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourmomm View Post
hi-i have recently bought a 16ft zodiac (model 3260?) inflatable floor boat with a one-piece plywood (12mm) floor; i am considering moving the steering position and putting in a centre console-however, all centre consoles are made for polyester floors on ribs. would i be right in assuming that i could simply bolt a centre console through my ply floor, as long as i take measures to strengthen the ply around the join and protect the inflatable floor underneath from the protruding bolts? any other ideas greatfully received and thanks for your help.
Zodiac has double floor seats with a steering wheel/bar like harness that crosses and secures to both tubes, don't know if it's for that wide/large 16" sib. Check Zodiac Web site. Also Sea Eagle has a nice Steering Console mount unit that looks very simple to install, in both cases you'll need the control engine box for gear & throttle. Will probably end paying $ 1,000 for both. These confortable gadgets are quite expensive.

http://www.seaeagle.com/accessories/...ngConsole.aspx

Happy Sibbing