Old 24 September 2015, 12:16   #11

Town: Cardiff
Boat name: Alan I
Make: Zodiac Futrua MK1
Length: 4m +
Engine: 20hp Mariner 2 str
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDAV View Post
Very very slowly i wouldn't try pulling a ringo with 15hp I struggle with 25hp and skier with 25hp???
My 15hp and 3.6m Yam pulls a ringo perfectly with 2 adults on board and 1 in the ringo.

Quote:
There is a nice concrete slip at ..... sully (check is its been closed for maintenance) right by the pub (captains wife good food)
The sully slip is at least 1/2 mile west of the Captains Wife and I wouldn't go anywhere near the pub in any boat as it is very treacherous around Sully Island. Also, imo, the pub has been completely spoilt since Brewers Fayre turned it into a restaurant that sells beer.

Old 24 September 2015, 12:32   #12

Make: Avon
Length: 3m +
Engine: 2 stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymerbeliever View Post
My 15hp and 3.6m Yam pulls a ringo perfectly with 2 adults on board and 1 in the ringo.
You must be lighter than me

Old 24 September 2015, 12:34   #13

Town: Lincolnshire
Boat name: Mousetrap
Make: Zodiac Cadet 310S
Engine: Mariner 4 stroke 9.9
I have a 2014 Honda Civic (car, not estate) and can easily get a 3.1 metre Zodiac Cadet, a 9.9 4 stroke, fuel tank, anchor box, bow bag, oars and other stuff for the day in the back with a driver and two adult passengers.
Old 24 September 2015, 12:50   #14

Town: Leicester
Length: 5m +
Engine: 135hp Mercury
Quote:
WSM (Weston super Mud) is crap for any water based activity as half the time there is no water.......................Burnham on is much better, they jet ski from Porthcawl to Illfracombe (25 miles) something i am hoping to do next year..
I was at Trecco Bay last week on the Parkdean site. Not with the boat though. There is a marina in Porthcawl itself, but it's gated & a long way away from the water at low tide.
There is Porthcawl Power boat & Ski Club (Trecco Bay) but no-one was about. Found this on a previous ribnet post so unless it's changed looks like they wouldn't be any use if you were only there for a short holiday.
Seems it's not a public slip & no vehicles other than their tractors are allowed.
Launching Porthcawl slipway South Wales
"If you are not a members of Porthcawl Powerboat and Ski Club and you wish to launch your boat from the slipway when on holiday or whilst awaiting membership then you can launch on a temporary membership which costs 25 pound per week and can be purchased from Soapys laundrette Station Hill Porthcawl. Contact details can be found at the slipway. Your craft will have to be inspected before entering the water and you will have to conform to the following requirements.

To launch a boat from Porthcawl Powerboat and Ski Club you require the following:

Boat insurance with a minimum of 1 million Third Party Cover.
A flare pack (with flares in date)
Paddles (These will be of no use for moving the boat but will help to attract attention in case of an emergency)
A Whistle or air horn again to attract attention in an emergency
An anchor and rope of sufficient size to hold the boat safely
Each person in the boat must wear a recognised buoyancy aid.
Advise that you carry a bucket to bail water if the worst should happen.

Please note that as a weekly member you will not be able to use the club tractors. this means you will be relying on the goodwill and availability of club members to assist you in launching your craft."
Their website is http://www.pps-club.com/
Old 24 September 2015, 13:48   #15

Make: Avon
Engine: 2 stroke
The club rules are a bit silly (not sure how strictly they are followed TBH).... and I'm hoping not to have to join..... but for the OP launching from watermouth (far more accommodating and going the other way you just pitch up at the beach).
Old 24 September 2015, 14:04   #16

Town: Leicester
Length: 5m +
Engine: 135hp Mercury
Launch/Recovery off the Trecco slip at high water would be easy, but it's a long way out at low. I can't remember whether the bar at the top of the slip was locked.
Lovely beach, seemed to be hard clean sand when I looked & could be considered with a 4x4 (I have a RRC) after proper assessment but I'd want an extension on the tow bar to keep the car out of the water.
There were a couple of chaps inflating a SIB on the road on one occasion but unfortunately I wasn't able to stop & chat.

Tags
rib