Old 09 August 2013, 14:01   #11

Town: Nuneaton
Boat name: gnasher
Make: sr5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: hidea 5 yam 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelgas View Post
Hello stubber , I have not been on that bit of the river much, but have used the public slipway in tewkesbury (round the back of the high street). Its in poor condition and parking is a pain in the.......

I have used the one at upton marina , You have to pay but its a good slip and parking for the van and trailer is included, think it was a 10 both ways and parking last time

The avon looks good the few bits I have seen, but not been out on it , have been told that there are numerous locks to deal with, which puts me off a bit.

will come and say hello if I see you about

PS. is lower lode slip free, any parking ?.
Beer sounds like an added bonus.
upton marina is pretty ace i think it`s 7.50 if you wheel it down and 15 if you trailer it down. we went as far as the avon branch , wondering if there are any pubs further down ?

can you buy a day ticket from tewksbury marina as it would be nice just to head on down

Old 09 August 2013, 16:02   #12

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: pain
Make: c craft
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner, seagull, to
Yes all the pubs I mentioned earlier, all this is below Upper Lode lock and it's big. Some of the pubs are not that easy to get access too depending on how high and how fast the river is flowing, Lower Lode pub is ok as its got a good pontoon, The Yew Tree has a good pontoon to tie too, the Coal House has a landing stae but it doesn't float but if water is over the top you can beach on the bank ok, Haw Bridge has a good pontoon, The Red lion has a beach near by that can be used if the water level is normal to low and the Boat has a landing stage but can be muddy.
As for a licence you an get one on line for the Severn for day visitor, have not done the Avon from Tewkesbury yet so not sure wots up there, have heard that there are a lot of launch sites that use the bank etc so free

Old 09 August 2013, 19:51   #13

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Are those C Craft tubes made of rubber fabrics ? If being hypalon or pvc fabrics could inflate all tubes and keel to 3.0 psi and that's assuming tube's seams are still in opt glued state.

That's a large and roomy size sib that needs tube & transom rigidity to perform well specially if placing a larger or max engine.

Happy Boating
Old 10 August 2013, 04:16   #14

Town: Gloucester
Boat name: pain
Make: c craft
Engine: mariner, seagull, to
Think the tubes are hypalon or a Dunlop equivelant, as its about 40 years old I don't want to put too much pressure in them just as a precautionary measure.

It's rated for 55 hp but think that's over the top but would be fun