Old 12 August 2014, 20:24   #21

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
There are a few trade dealers on Ribnet including Henshaws (Wincanton), Ribtube (Dartmouth), Ribshop (Chichester and Swanwick), etc. I think this may be prohibitively expensive though. If the boat wasn't expensive, (under a couple of hundred pounds), cut your losses and put it down to experience.

Plenty used good quality SIBs on the market, but see them inflated before you buy and speak to the owner.
Old 12 August 2014, 20:35   #22

Town: Leamington spa
Boat name: Ashleigh
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 6h
Well I paid 400 for the boat and a mercury 6hp 2stroke twin. I've ordered a massive piece of hypalon but it turns out the boat is PVC. Could I not remove the whole piece what's bulged and fit a new one?
Old 12 August 2014, 21:11   #23

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnparker09 View Post
Well I paid 400 for the boat and a mercury 6hp 2stroke twin. I've ordered a massive piece of hypalon but it turns out the boat is PVC. Could I not remove the whole piece what's bulged and fit a new one?
I'm almost certain these Zodiac early leisure SIBs are made using PVC material. Zodiac call it Strongan Duotex, but it's their own name for PVC. The only exception will be something like Zodiac GR which is hypalon, or some of the newer Pro ribs which are hypalon too.

Some useful preparation and gluing tips here. If you're DIY minded, generally capable and are meticulous in your approach, then go for it. Also useful guide to determining boat fabric.
Inflatable boat repair glue | Polymarine Paints, Adhesives, Parts & Accessories
Old 13 August 2014, 11:31   #24

Town: Connecticut
Length: 6m +
Engine: Undecided
Serie 134

That is an old(probably around 20-25 years) PVC boat and it may have been built before Zodiac started to thermo bond the seams. That is an earlier generation of fabric before Zodiac went to their own fabric called Strongan. I've seen a number of these boats like that but most of them are long gone. I had one many years back that held air fine even after the blister on the coating popped. We painted the entire boat with a PVC paint similar to the polymarine paint and got a few more years out of it.

Best of luck with it.
Old 13 August 2014, 17:36   #25

Town: Leamington spa
Boat name: Ashleigh
Engine: Outboard, petrol, 6h
Oh right I see so it wouldn't involve gaining entry to inside a tube?
Old 17 August 2014, 09:41   #26

Town: North Lincs
Boat name: na
Make: F-Rib 330/Excel 330
Engine: Parsun 15hp
I am guessing this is a French made Zodiac Serie boat. I had one for some years a 134 which I was lead to believe was Strongan pvc. They had a problem when left out in the sun for too long and saw a similar thing on a Serie left out as a tender up in the Lake District.
I would not trust the fabric and either contact the seller to try and get your money back as it is a boat that was around many years go so the fabric has started to break down or regard the purchase as £400 for an outboard and look for another boat.
I know that sounds a very thoughtless thing to say but do you want to risk your life and that of your family in something which really is just not up to standard.

Perhaps have a trip over to Excel Boats at Sutton Colefield which is close to you to see if Terry has anything that fits your needs and pocket.

Phil