Looking for a good SIB which is packable (we do not have a trailer), easy to setup/assemble, durable and which sails pretty well at sea (for a SIB).
Zodiac futura MK II was my first choice. The Brig heavy Duty HD 410 and HD 460 look even better. A SIB with a V bottom, so behaviour in chop is to be expected better than the futura?
BRIG Rigid Inflatable Boats ? Heavy-Duty
There is very little information about the HD410 and HD460 on the web. Could you comment on these sibs? How good are they?
- how does it sail in choppy conditions (and flat conditions)?
- is it easy to assemble?
- is it easy to pack and transport (like the futura?)
- is the deck metal or wood? With rings to tie up gear to the deck?
- does it live up the 'fortified construction' (see link)
- compared to the futura, what are the pro's and cons?