Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 20 January 2009, 14:29   #1
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Bravo Pump Preassure

Hi to you all,

On reading many threads on electric pumps i decided to buy a Bravo BST 12HP and am very impressed with it.

The question i have for you fellow sibbers is how accurate is the pump in regards to the pressure settings? I set the pump to the required pressure and in minutes it inflated beautifully however on checking with the manometer (came with boat) it was nearly a full bar down. Do i go with the pump or the manometer? Is there any reliable way of checking or calibrating?

Also what do you use to make the pump more portable, a seperate battery, power pack? Although a bit more costly i wish i bought the rechargable pump.

Your advice appreciated.
__________________

__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 16:21   #2
Member
 
Locozodiac's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
Hi to you all,

On reading many threads on electric pumps i decided to buy a Bravo BST 12HP and am very impressed with it.

The question i have for you fellow sibbers is how accurate is the pump in regards to the pressure settings? I set the pump to the required pressure and in minutes it inflated beautifully however on checking with the manometer (came with boat) it was nearly a full bar down. Do i go with the pump or the manometer? Is there any reliable way of checking or calibrating?

Also what do you use to make the pump more portable, a seperate battery, power pack? Although a bit more costly i wish i bought the rechargable pump.

Your advice appreciated.
According to my bad experience with Bravo Gauges, have found that same 2 can read differently, seems are lacking factory approval inspection tests. Bought 20, all read different, were a real headache, sent an email to Defender, the place they were bough at stating the faulty reading trouble found, their ansewer: you are the only guy, weird, loco or whatever name was applied to me that have complained about, if not happy send them back for full refund, a very nice hand wash keeping in mind that the gauges were 15 thousand kilometers away from USA to apply for a expensive send them back cost issue for total refund.

The solutiuon was simple, inflated a sib to 3.0 PSI with a precise gauge, place one by one Bravo gauges and marked plastic scale with tiny dot using red nail paint. No matter what the scale reading was, were the needle stopped at the red dot, that was the correct and well calibrated 3.0 PSI reading.

If the gauge are like these, are problem gauges, check pics. One precise big gauge that would recommend you is CEREDI (pic 2) a reputed marine Italian brand. More expensive than Bravo, but superb craftmanship and accurate readings. Don't need to get inside sib to read as they work side ways, can read from inside/outside of sib(pic 3)

What you can do is: if your electric pump has the variable air pressure inflation system, calibrate to 3.0, inflate all tubes to this pressure untill pump stops, use the spare one and see how much pressure differes from the electric pump gauge reading. Which one is correct, that's another guess story. Will need a third reputed one to conclude finale.

Happy Sibbing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bravo Gauges.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	40086   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ceredi Gauge.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	40087   Click image for larger version

Name:	07.JPG
Views:	289
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	40088  
__________________

__________________
Locozodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2009, 16:41   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Loco,

As always an informative reply.

Thanks
__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 09:54   #4
Member
 
Locozodiac's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbo500 View Post
Loco,

As always an informative reply.

Thanks
Gibbo, you are welcome, have passed through many sibbing issues, problems, have tested lot's of differente brands pumps, gauges, valves, fabrics, glues, etc. Presently working with best trouble free products. With no single claim at all.

You cannot sacrifice any inflatable using bad accurate gauges, imagine delivering a faulty gauge to any client and using his sib in very hot areas, for sure a potential seam claim. A gauge, is a must issue for any sibber/ribber user, most mates don't care much about getting one by diverse causes like cost, which brands available, where to buy, etc.

It would be very nice if somebody in UK would be intrested in importing this nice brand and re selling to Rib Netters, they can be payed by wire transfer and delivered to UK via TNT from Italy.

Just contact me to give full factory details.

Happy Sibbing
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ceredi Gauges.JPG
Views:	239
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	40097  
__________________
Locozodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 10:21   #5
Administrator
 
John Kennett's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Join Date: May 2000
Posts: 6,830
In my experience very few people ever bother with a gauge and do just fine. I know it's a bit more important with air floor SIBs, and possibly in hot places too, but is there really much benefit to the average user?

I'm happy to see if I can stock some though if there's a demand.
__________________
John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 10:52   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Plymouth
Make: Avon SR4,AX500
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yam 50 2 Stroke
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
In my experience very few people ever bother with a gauge and do just fine. I know it's a bit more important with air floor SIBs, and possibly in hot places too, but is there really much benefit to the average user?

I'm happy to see if I can stock some though if there's a demand.
John,

I would be interested.

Thanks
__________________
gibbo500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 11:24   #7
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Hampshire
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 118
I'll have one.
__________________
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2009, 13:12   #8
Member
 
Locozodiac's Avatar
 
Country: Other
Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,706
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Kennett View Post
In my experience very few people ever bother with a gauge and do just fine. I know it's a bit more important with air floor SIBs, and possibly in hot places too, but is there really much benefit to the average user?

I'm happy to see if I can stock some though if there's a demand.
Same issue happened down here, nowbody used them, nor had them in stock, liked the finger touch or bending end cone issue, as stated before, sorry if I sound like and old recoord, but if you haven't inflated a sib to it's correct working pressurte, you won't know for sure how finger hard or end cone flex should be inflate to. Won't know either the sib diffrence nice performance untill you try one out. And let me tell you they work, and will make your beloved toy last longer without seam or transom troubles.

A matter to make an internal survey to see how many would be interested, and the investment is cheap.

Happy Sibbing
__________________
Locozodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2011, 01:24   #9
Member
 
Country: New Zealand
Make: Promarine
Length: 3m +
Engine: 25hp 2002 Johnson
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 30
Hey some raw quantity/cost figures would be much appreciated please
__________________
Cookasaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 September 2011, 12:35   #10
Member
 
Country: Canada
Town: Quebec city
Make: Zodiac hurricane
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
According to my bad experience with Bravo Gauges, have found that same 2 can read differently, seems are lacking factory approval inspection tests. Bought 20, all read different, were a real headache, sent an email to Defender, the place they were bough at stating the faulty reading trouble found, their ansewer: you are the only guy, weird, loco or whatever name was applied to me that have complained about, if not happy send them back for full refund, a very nice hand wash keeping in mind that the gauges were 15 thousand kilometers away from USA to apply for a expensive send them back cost issue for total refund.

The solutiuon was simple, inflated a sib to 3.0 PSI with a precise gauge, place one by one Bravo gauges and marked plastic scale with tiny dot using red nail paint. No matter what the scale reading was, were the needle stopped at the red dot, that was the correct and well calibrated 3.0 PSI reading.

If the gauge are like these, are problem gauges, check pics. One precise big gauge that would recommend you is CEREDI (pic 2) a reputed marine Italian brand. More expensive than Bravo, but superb craftmanship and accurate readings. Don't need to get inside sib to read as they work side ways, can read from inside/outside of sib(pic 3)

What you can do is: if your electric pump has the variable air pressure inflation system, calibrate to 3.0, inflate all tubes to this pressure untill pump stops, use the spare one and see how much pressure differes from the electric pump gauge reading. Which one is correct, that's another guess story. Will need a third reputed one to conclude finale.

Happy Sibbing
Had the same issue with our Bravo manometers, none of them gives the same results. Thanks for the Ceredy info, I'll make sure to try to stock those for our next season. You say that they are more expensive, how bad is it comparing to Bravo ones?
__________________

__________________
Boulet Lemelin Yacht inc.
1125 boul. Champlain
Québec QC G1K 0A2 Canada
educhesne@blyacht.com
achille2124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 17:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.