Old 22 July 2016, 18:03   #41

Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury 15 Efi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Paddlers how is it for noise and speed vs the Bravo models?
Just got the Sevylor pump and tried it today. It was a bit warm in the sun - about 28 degrees at times, and the only complaint i would have is that the pump tube is a bit thin and fragile - mine didn't break or shatter, just went a bit soft with the heat and blew off the pump connection at 0.6 bar. Applied a cable tie and continued, it started to leak at the adaptor end. Same solution and all sorted.

For the money it was great - quieter than the piston phase of the Bravo by far, and not noticeably slower. Theres always something else to be getting ready anyway. Nice long lead to the 12v plug in the car, no need for fiddling with clips on the car battery terminals. For me its a big thumbs up.
Old 24 July 2016, 18:16   #42
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
Bought one and tried it today taking a couple of sibs up to 3psi and an air floor to 5 or 6 psi (My Seago's air floor isn't a high pressure one) , alongside my old 3psi Bravo 12 (one of these-bulletproof old thing)

It inflated faster than the Bravo 12 and was significantly quieter. Hoses and connectors do appear a bit fragile, but it's an absolute no-brainer at £40. Even the cigarette lighter type socket didn't get that hot, and it's got plenty of cable on it. I might well change it to croc clips for ease of use on the Ballistic though.

I don't know if it'll outlast the Bravo, but it certainly took the hard work out of blowing both boats up and did it a lot quieter than the Bravo did.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 August 2016, 14:57   #43

Hi so the pump hasn't improved, it still likes to cut out at about 1 or 1.5 psi, so its available for spares or repair if anyone wants to make a bid for it - not that it helps much but it was working fine before it wasn't......

Just whats in the photos, the bag picked up a couple of small nicks but nothing significant.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/794477...posted-public/

Old 02 August 2016, 15:47   #44

I've put the pump on ebay if anyone is interested

Click HERE for the link.
Old 12 April 2017, 21:24   #45
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Ironically, the "new" pump died today (piston link failed again) - just a few days after the warranty expired. D@mn sure I won't be ordering another Bravo!

Time to explore the options.
Old 27 May 2017, 20:17   #46
RIBnet Supporter

Length: 4m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by willk View Post
I REALLY wouldn't open one of these pumps unless it needs repair - the wiring is quite delicate and there are multiple PCBs kicking around in there. That said, I now have a pile of spare motors, connectors, plugs, etc. that all work - will serve as spares should I never need them (or anyone else on here)
So having had the second Bravo fail, I purchased the Rule high speed unit. It is very small, pulls 25 amps and is very much a high volume, low pressure inflator. You have to hold the trigger down and there is no pressure gauge or shut off. Ideal for RIB tubes, it is EXTREMELY fast compared to the fan side of the Bravo. It will genuinely inflate my SIB in 2 minutes with some foot pumping to bring the floor to pressure.

That said, I still had the old(er) Bravo and the spares, so I opened the new(er) Bravo and discovered the piston had melted in this unit as well. Patently I am over driving them. Luckily the parts went in perfectly and I now have a working Bravo again - I'll keep it for the SIB only and use the Rule for the RIB.
Old 27 May 2017, 20:56   #47

Town: Poole
Boat name: El Mono
Make: Ribtec 9M
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 315/Bravo III
I've had one of those Rule/LVM inflators for ~17 years now I think. Used for RIB's, our little Avon Red Start SIB, towed inflatables, etc. Also serves in the garage to blow through fuel lines and all sorts of other usages! It's never missed a beat, although a couple of years ago the spring dropped out the trigger and I had to rebuild it, but that took 10 mins from memory.