Old 04 June 2020, 09:42   #21

Town: Morecambe
Make: Honwave T38 IE
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15HP Tohatsu EFI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
did you check when the air had cooled down in the tubes?
It was pretty much immediately after. I also tried topping up with the pump set at the correct pressures but it auto cut off immediately indicating the pump is believes the pressure is correct.

one of the two is mis-reading!
Old 04 June 2020, 09:49   #22

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
if they dont feel soft id say its the honwave gauge the bravo gauge will be better quality
if you can depress the tube with your thumd 1/2 an inch thats around 2.5 psi
Old 04 June 2020, 11:14   #23

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
To be honest with gauges and gauges on pumps I just decide which I trust as the master and then check any other ones altering pressure I pump to on them as needed.
Old 23 June 2020, 22:47   #24

I recieved a new Bravo BTP pump today. Its to replace my smaller Bravo GE pump that has a max 105l/min flow and i dont trust the pressure gauge as i mentioned a few posts ago. When inflating my honwave i was expecting the fast 420l/min fan to do most of the work and the slower pistion pump finish off the pressure.

What actually happens is the faster fan runs for about 10 seconds before the rest of the inflating is done by the slower high pressure pump. Its not much quicker than my other pump. Im inflating from 100% deflated tubes.

Is this normal or have i got a dud?

Thanks
Ben
Old 24 June 2020, 08:09   #25

Make: F-rib
Engine: Mariner 15HP
On mine inflating a F-rib the low pressure pump runs for probs a minute then the high pressure kicks in for another minute or two. From memory low pressure gets it to where it just about reads on the gauge, but definitely more than 10secs. It basically puts shape into the tubes and then the HP finishes the job off.

Cheers,

MM
Old 24 June 2020, 10:52   #26

If your pump goes to the HP mode after a few seconds in most cases it's that your valve adaptor isn't opening your valve so the pump feels resistance and thinks it's time to go to HP mode.

A Bravo used when the valve is help open properly should mostly inflate the tubes before it moves to HP mode.

BTW another thought... what are you using to power the Bravo? Low battery voltage can make them misbehave.
Old 24 June 2020, 11:29   #27

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Are you using the correct adapter for the valve on the inflation hose? I have 2 different ones & they look similar & both fit the valve. One of them however has an extra bit of plastic internally that depresses the valve stem & opens the valve when you attach the inflation hose.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2020, 12:22   #28

>>>Are you using the correct adapter for the valve on the inflation hose?

Yep on that valve found on Honwave and others I think there are two or three insertion dimensions reqd and some valve adaptors come with two or three seals to get the correct dimension.

Best way to check is inflate the tubes then put the adaptor onto a valve without connecting the hose to the pump. If you get a really good whoosh of air from the open hose end then the valve is being opened correctly... and... assuming a good voltage to the Bravo... it should correctly do the stage one/two.
Old 24 June 2020, 13:22   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>>Are you using the correct adapter for the valve on the inflation hose?

Yep on that valve found on Honwave and others I think there are two or three insertion dimensions reqd and some valve adaptors come with two or three seals to get the correct dimension.

Best way to check is inflate the tubes then put the adaptor onto a valve without connecting the hose to the pump. If you get a really good whoosh of air from the open hose end then the valve is being opened correctly... and... assuming a good voltage to the Bravo... it should correctly do the stage one/two.
Hmmm sounds like i need to try this. I have a couple of adapters that fit. i assumed that if they fit and inflate so must be correct....obviously not!

Might also explain why both pumps under inflate by half a bar or so when tested with the honwave pressure gauge...if the valve head is adding a bit on.

The battery is a 10AH Lead acid cell
Old 24 June 2020, 13:56   #30

Town: South Yorks
Boat name: Black Pig
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: DF140a
MMSI: 235111389
RIBase
Bravo 12v pumps - voltage/battery issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhben View Post
Hmmm sounds like i need to try this. I have a couple of adapters that fit. i assumed that if they fit and inflate so must be correct....obviously not!

Might also explain why both pumps under inflate by half a bar or so when tested with the honwave pressure gauge...if the valve head is adding a bit on.

The battery is a 10AH Lead acid cell

A 10ah lead acid is going to struggle, especially if it’s showing its age.
Stick a voltmeter across the battery when the pump is running. Anything below 10V & it’s struggling. The pump will probably cut out around the 10V mark. Especially when it switches over to the HP pump.
Try the pump on a car battery with the engine running.
Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
Rule#3: Tha' can't educate pork.
Rule#4:Don't feed the troll
Pikey Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2020, 09:51   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey Dave View Post
Are you using the correct adapter for the valve on the inflation hose? I have 2 different ones & they look similar & both fit the valve. One of them however has an extra bit of plastic internally that depresses the valve stem & opens the valve when you attach the inflation hose.
It appears this was the issue! The adapter I was using didnt have an internal pin to depress the valve. Used another adapter and the pump worked as expected.

Just need to find a suitable valve adapter that fits the pump hose. My only suitable adapter needs lashing on with tape as it doesn't fit any of the supplied extension bits.