Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02 August 2013, 04:46   #1
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambridge
Boat name: Frecciarossa
Make: Bombard
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha25
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 17
Bombard valves & parts?


So, playing around with the boat (Bombard Aerotec 420, built in 2000) on dry land only so far, and a couple of questions:

What sort of valve is used on the main tubes - I've managed to inflate it using a Halkey-Roberts fitting but I'm not sure it's quite the right size as it doesn't seem to want to lock when you twist it and I don't want to force it and break something. I think it's the 'Zodiac Semi-recessed' valve with a bayonet cap - is this Halkey-Roberts compatible? Particularly as I'd like to get a pressure gauge and need to know what fitting to get.

Secondly, can you get replacements for the straps and buckles that hold the airdeck to the hull - some have been replaced over the years with varying degrees of success, in one case the buckle is too small for the PVC strap, others the patch that's glued onto the hull is too big and doesn't sit well.

Nothing major, but something I'd like to fix.


cleland72 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:26.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.