Old 26 June 2010, 15:53   #1

Town: stockport
Length: 3m +
bombard transom mod

bombard aerotec transom height

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi all, just come back from wales (again). may as well emigrate i'm there that often.
I just had to go to try out the transom height mod. on the aerotec 380.

As you probably all know its been an ongoing saga for me, started with 25mm block, then 35mm and am now upto what most people on here have suggested at 50mm.

Think this is the best its been regarding the splashback but was wondering whether to try a little bit more height maybe 70-75mm (what do you all think) although the transom is starting to look like a dartboard, its got that many holes in it.

Just want to get it perfect before i screw, glue, fill and paint it.
I've been looking at other transom heights on zodiac and bombard boats and they all seem different.
Some are flat, some scooped out and others as in pic. are raised.

Heres a link to a short vid of our exploits last weekend with my brother at the helm, was quite scary when the wind got under the bow, but great fun. Click this link or copy and paste into the you tube search bar.

Was better the day before with slight chop as the boat was jumping out of the water.
We also got the ringo out for the kids and managed to do a spot of fishing.

Caught a couple of small cod and a few pollock but alas no mackerel (where are all the mackerel hiding).

All in all a cracking weekend again and just pray this weather continues into July and August.
Happy sibbing and see you all soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0167.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	52264