Old 09 July 2015, 10:35   #41

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
I like that French blog in the first link. Particularly the images showing the idea of putting the inflated Aerotec onto quite a modest size car roof just with a blanket. Our holiday location is on a narrow part of a long peninsular where we'll be launching into the landward side of the sea loch. It is only a 0.5ml (1min in car, 9min walk) across this narrow part on a quiet road to reach the seaward side for some increased boating options. This would save about 20mins on the plane to go down and round...with possibly some bumpy water "round the end".

I think we'd be able to load onto the roof bars in a similar way starting by leaning on the tailgate and pop across for an alternative launch... or in fact we could possibly walk the 0.5ml with the boat on its transom wheels.

Old 10 July 2015, 02:57   #42

Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Older links but useful info:

bombard 380

Honwave 38 airdeck or Bombard aerotec 380?

My New Bombard Aerotec Set-Up

Old 15 July 2015, 14:53   #43

Town: redditch
Boat name: na
Make: bombard areotec 380
Engine: outboard
Hi i have a 380 , its grate with a mariner 15 2 stroke , like the look of your floor. I had a fuel bladder made to go under the gap in the floor works grate , can i ask where you got it from thanks,dave g
Old 15 July 2015, 14:57   #44

Hi Dave, it's a standard RNLI Seaflex 7.5 gallon bladder. There are a couple on sale on here in bits and pieces.
Old 15 July 2015, 16:17   #45

Town: redditch
Boat name: na
Make: bombard areotec 380
Engine: outboard
Thanks will have a look
Old 20 July 2015, 03:04   #46

Spotted this neat and easily removable simple slot on anti-splash plate on a German forum.

I registered on the forum but still cannot see the main topic on this he links but it's just a case of cutting and slotting a piece of alu angle I guess.

https://translate.google.co.uk/trans...881&edit-text=
Old 20 July 2015, 06:34   #47

I'm getting really interested in the thought of making and trialling a splash plate... with about 60Nm of splash experience under my belt now.

I looked under the engine cowl when the family were exploring a beach mid trip yesterday and the splash is getting up through the outboard lower cowl drain holes enough to put beads of water on the plug leads and coils. This is with the maximum thickness shim (30mm or so) before the metal pad needs lifting. No misfire yet but the potential is there.

Other thing I noticed is the splash I'm referring to is when the boat seems properly trimmed to me... re people/weight distribution. Last night though daughter was cold with the headwind on the plane so got down to sit inside the bow facing the stern which made the boat feel a bit nose down to me.... however the splashing was reduced to a mini rooster tail which was missing the outboard and not splashing inside.... quite acceptable.

That long plate linked above is not quite as neat as the one pictured by chipko on post 7 here... Old used Aerotec impressions. but it does have the advantage of avoiding drilling yet more holes in the transom.

Another thought... and you're better than me at forum searches Max... didn't someone posts ages (years?) ago about making a piece that they cable tied to the troublesome lumpy bit of the outboard that's causing the splash... a sort of wing leading edge idea so it cut through the water better??
Old 20 July 2015, 06:42   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post

That long plate linked above is not quite as neat as the one pictured by chipko on post 7 here... Old used Aerotec impressions. but it does have the advantage of avoiding drilling yet more holes in the transom.

Another thought... and you're better than me at forum searches Max... didn't someone posts ages (years?) ago about making a piece that they cable tied to the troublesome lumpy bit of the outboard that's causing the splash... a sort of wing leading edge idea so it cut through the water better??
Agreed - anything that slots on without more transom holes gets my vote. As you say the other one was neat too - the ideas could be combined I'm sure and modded to clear wheels etc. The German idea seems to imply the splashing is from the hull maybe that then hits the leg?? Not sure it comes from the leg directly so much (not dared lean over enough at high speed to really see!) and if you look at the part of the leg that sits below the anti splash plate and in the water - it is streamlined already.
Old 20 July 2015, 06:58   #49

>>>not dared lean over enough at high speed to really see!

I started to do that yesterday to try and take a video but sense prevailed...
Old 20 July 2015, 11:49   #50

Well, had a spare hour off work this afternoon and searched the garage for materials. First plan was a piece of alu angle which I cut to size but then when looking for some spare rubber sheet (from the Aerotec flooring) I found a redundant PVC hedge trimmer attachment thingy (never throw *anything* away ).

A bit of cutting and shaping later and I just need to bond the two together and work out some sort of quick release attachment method.