Old 30 August 2019, 19:42   #1

Town: stockport
Length: 3m +
Bombard Aerotec 380

Hi all, not posted for a while.
Getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm thinking of purchasing a road/launch trailer for my Aerotec.
Its getting a bit heavy now. 52kg mariner 25hp 2 stroke and 43kg 380 aerotec plus fishing gear etc is a bit to much to pull up the slipway/beach.
Looking for ideas from you all for a launch/road trailer.
I'm leaning towards a launch only trailer as the beach is only 150m from the campsite were on.
Any ideas please ?
Old 04 September 2019, 06:34   #2

Town: Tyne and Wear
Make: RC 4.8 & Aero380
Engine: Tohatsu 50 & 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by uny1965 View Post
Hi all, not posted for a while.
Getting a bit long in the tooth and I'm thinking of purchasing a road/launch trailer for my Aerotec.
Its getting a bit heavy now. 52kg mariner 25hp 2 stroke and 43kg 380 aerotec plus fishing gear etc is a bit to much to pull up the slipway/beach.
Looking for ideas from you all for a launch/road trailer.
I'm leaning towards a launch only trailer as the beach is only 150m from the campsite were on.
Any ideas please ?
If you ever plan on having a small rib I would recommend the indespension micro. Adapted to work with my aerotec but now works great for the sr4. Probably overkill if you are only ever going to put a sib on it but maybe worth a thought.
Old 04 September 2019, 09:06   #3

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Hi UNY. Just looked back at some old posts to see if I could pick up clues to how/where you are using the Aerotec. I note you have just passed 10yrs of Aerotec ownership. When we bought ours new in 2015 that was our planned minimum ownership period... time will tell.

Are you still using that 25hp 2-stroke with flip up transom wheels to do the 150m trundle and launch? Is the camp site where the Aerotec lives and the only place you use it? Were you thinking of a launch only trailer for you to pull or use the car?

Our Aerotec lives packed in the garage and is transported each use in the car. I will never use it with a road trailer and even a launch trailer that you make up and pack away each time is too much nuisance for our use.

We are committed to transom wheels and happy using them as far as it goes but our regular boating locations require a road trundle of 80-275m to the slipway. I'm finding if the boat is set up how we use it to get the on-water trim correct (full 25l fuel tank and heavy anchor bag etc under the seat) there is too much weight at the bow and it really strains my back/shoulders on these longer trundles with the need to support the weight and pull at the same time. So we put everything at the transom to reduce weight at the bow handle but that tends to make the transom wheels dig in on softer ground and harder to get up kerbs etc.

What we tried for one year was a modded caravan moving trolley which was sort of OK but being steel heavy to use and a pain to dismantle to get in the car or roofbox.

A few weeks back I looked at getting a used pair of the genuine Zodiac bow wheels which are rarely available but that didn't work out. However I thought the ability to set the boat up ready for sea and spread the weight between them and the transom wheels plus me only pulling not lifting too would be a great help.

So this week after a lot of Google searches I've just ordered a Trem bow launch wheel set which I'd never seen before and as far as I could find not stocked in the UK by anyone... but look like they will do the trick. Delivery is a couple of weeks away but I will be reporting on them once they arrive. Image below.

There are a few models available but these looked quite compact... I liked the fact they support the sib bow not just rely on the bow handle to take all the weight... and the fact the wheels steer could be a real benefit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trem bow trolley.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	130720  
Old 04 September 2019, 09:20   #4

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
i would look at a bow dolly so you're just pulling not lifting and pulling
Old 04 September 2019, 09:29   #5

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
>>>look at a bow dolly so you're just pulling not lifting and pulling

Great minds and all that!
Old 04 September 2019, 10:14   #6

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>>look at a bow dolly so you're just pulling not lifting and pulling

Great minds and all that!
it's the old bull and the young bull senario david as we get older mind says yes body say no

invest in sand tyers too if you can afford it well worth the money IMO