Old 11 July 2011, 13:59   #1

Make: Bombard Aerotec
Length: 4m +
Engine: Evinrude 15 hp -78
Bombard 430?

Is there a Bombard 430 from 2003, or would it be the Aerotec 420? (It looks exactly like Aerotec)

How much would one of those be worth with some faults, an air leaking floor and similar? Not mint, that is...

I wonder how hard it is to repair the leaking high pressure floor, is it impossible? Would I have to replace it?

And would it be a bad buy to get one of those instead of a newer Bombard 380? 2005 etc.
Old 11 July 2011, 16:05   #2

It looks just like the Aerotec 420/380 with those rail type handles along the side, same color and striping. Looks like a good V-shape inside too.
Old 13 July 2011, 16:44   #3

Town: dawlish
Make: avon searider/bom380
Engine: merc 50 2 stroke
not worth a lot if floor has leaks , new floor is a grand plus for these! but repairs are posssible just look at nashers post !
Old 13 July 2011, 19:03   #4

What would you say "not a lot" is? I saw you said 420 takes a long shaft, that's not the same as for the 380 then? Can't use the same engine?
Old 13 July 2011, 19:35   #5

no different engines also max 30 on the 420 and 25 on the 380 .
long shaft on 420 and 380 is a shorty ,
hard to say but price to pay depends on the repairs required. if the floor is complex i wouldnt pay more than 200 - 300 as its a gamble ,so long as i beleived it could be repaired.
if the repair is just patching then a max of 500 would be my limit but thats only my opinion ,its what its worth to you , but the floor is fundemenatal to these boats so they need to hold pressure for the time your going to be out in it, if the floor looked unrepairable i would walk away as they are a grand plus for a new one
what did u give for yours and what repairs are required, where theres a will theres always a way!
after saying all that i wouldnt let a good looking sound repair or an easish repair put me off buying a boat as its only glue and fabric that there made of anyway!
also depends on year of boat as well so its quite difficult to price unless you have all th info
Old 14 July 2011, 05:07   #6

Hey
Got it for about £570 with a really old zodiac 280 an engine from the stoneage, 5hp. Theres none available in sweden though, not new nor used, so I was glad to find one. All the ones i've seen on ebay has been pick up only, except one which lasted for about an hour...
We'll see if I can get it going!

What's up with tall and short rig engines, is this depending on the hull? If not, is there a way to modify the 420 to take a short rig?

In case I'm not happy with the 420, it would be sad to have to get another engine too (I'm going to get some 15hp or something).
Old 14 July 2011, 07:26   #7

dont think its possible to modify the outboard, pretty sure the deep v hull is the reason diff lengths of engines are required for each boat.
maybe worth a new post on this subject ,where others can comment on what the problems will be, this would only be a guess, but if you have a short engine on a 420 you may expierence cavitation and lack of performance where the prop is to close to the surface , but there maybe implications for the engine itself, but i think this is for the more knowledgable on here as i have never had experience of this