Old 08 June 2007, 15:56   #11
Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Originally Posted by fred bolton View Post
Do they have a uk dealership?
Not sure, but here is the link to contact them:

If you are considering a round nosed tunnel hull with a hard floor, the Gemini Surf series (4.0m & 4.2m) and their Dive series (4.7m & 5.3M) are a fair bit beefier in build than the AMI boats, and are available in either PVC or hypalon.

I have also heard good things about the ceasar surfcats, but haven't seen one my self. They are available in PVC only (I'm not sure if they are available with air floors). They are a trade member on this board and do have a UK dealer.

prairie tuber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 June 2007, 16:37   #12
Town: Berkshire and Devon
Make: Lodestar
Length: under 3m
Engine: Mercury 5hp
When I was planning to purchase a new air deck SIB, I had narrowed it down to a Lodestar part of my reason was that you can choose how lightly or heavily you want the boat to be built as they do different fabrics and you can choose whether to have all the reinforcing and handles, or not. I used on a few years ago off the French coast and was very impressed with the build quality against the Suzumar I had at the time. Lodestar UK's MD is also a very pleasant chap, he does a really good demo of the product at boat shows.

The only thing that stopped me buying one from JJ was an Ebay bargain - a 2.3m Jets Marivent branded boat.... probably made in the same factory in Taiwan!

Richard B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 August 2007, 13:43   #13
Town: Brighton
Length: 3m +
Well, I went for the Quicksilver as the price was so much less than the likes of Zodiac.

You really do just pump it up and go. It's quick, easy and hassle free (especially with a high power inflator!). It's lighter to carry too.

As other people have mentioned, it is definitely less rigid than a hard floor equivalent. In a bit of a chop the floor is pretty lively, and it's much less efficient therefore slower.

For what I want, I can live with that though. It's worth it for the convenience.

It would be interesting to compare with a Zodiac sometime though!

John Kennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 August 2007, 05:04   #14
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Sounds like we should have a Sib outing, I'll bring the bombard along to compare!

Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote