Old 18 May 2014, 09:44   #1

Town: Lisbon
Make: Suzumar
Length: 3m +
Are Viamare boats any good?

Hello everyone!

I've always been a boat enthusiast but I've never had the money to even think about getting one. But somedays ago I found out that Viamare boats are actually really cheap and I could easily afford one. The thing is, are they any good? I can't seem to find any real feed-back on the internet... I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something that floats me around all afternoon with a mate, some beer and a couple of fishing sticks.

Right now I am looking at the Viamare 250T because that is the one I can afford, but if the price is right, I would probably buy a bigger one.

Other suggestions are always welcome but just keep in mind that my budget is really tight.

Cheers

Old 18 May 2014, 10:30   #2
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukinado View Post
The thing is, are they any good? I can't seem to find any real feed-back on the internet...
As a general rule, if you can't find anything about a boat builder on the net and haven't actually seen one in person or met a real long term owner then you need to treat with suspicion.
Old 18 May 2014, 10:39   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
As a general rule, if you can't find anything about a boat builder on the net and haven't actually seen one in person or met a real long term owner then you need to treat with suspicion.
My thoughts exactly.

I don't know much about boats so I don't pay much attention to their brands. Even if I have seen one in real life, I can tell for sure.

I have seen some videos on youtube of Viamare boats and all I can tell from them is that they float.
There are also a couple of private sellers selling them here in Portugal but I recon I can get a new one from ebay for about 60% of the price.
Old 18 May 2014, 10:50   #4
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Engine: 2 stroke YAM 20 HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amukinado View Post
I don't know much about boats so I don't pay much attention to their brands. Even if I have seen one in real life, I can tell for sure.
by seen - I really meant closely examined.
Quote:
I have seen some videos on youtube of Viamare boats and all I can tell from them is that they float.
Quote:
There are also a couple of private sellers selling them here in Portugal but I recon I can get a new one from ebay for about 60% of the price.
well a boat you actually get to see and touch and talk to the owner is worth more than a hypothetical one on the internet. As I am sure you realise there are a lot of scams around and even if a boat appears it doesn't mean it will be easy to fix any problems with it.

Generally those on here who buy cheap imports (which I assume this is) have ended up being disappointed or upgrading to known brands eventually.
Old 18 May 2014, 11:02   #5

I have been following some auctions from a German seller on ebay. They sell the boats for 299 + 49 (shipping), but they also auction some boats daily that come around fairly cheaper (170 to 220 + 49). Everything seems legit and the seller as 99,7% positive feed-back.
If it's not legit I think I always have the paypal protection.

The guys selling the boats here in Portugal sell them new in box for 380. What I realise from the pictures is that they are probably buying them from the same ebay seller and then selling them with some profit.
Old 18 May 2014, 11:25   #6

Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Hi Akunamatata, welcome to Ribnet.

As with most things, cheap is rarely good. IMV, you'd be better off buying a good used rig within your budget.
Old 18 May 2014, 11:34   #7

Thanks Mollers. About my nick... well, close enough.

What would you suggest? Used Zodiacs or Suzumar in here go for 400-600 €. It's a bit out of my budget.
Old 18 May 2014, 17:50   #8

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Amukinado,

That brand is supposed to be a German fabrication, down issues. Seems to be a first entry level sib, material is probably too thin compard to standard 0.9 mm pvc fabrics now a days. Has a slated alum floor that could be rolled once tubes are defleated.

A 250 is a vey short and narrowe sib, with extra mate, fishing rods and beers will be bored soon, too small even for pottering around. Save more cash or tell mate to add some and buy a larger one. don't go under a 320 if wanting more fun.

Boating is fun, but definitely not with a 250...

Happy Boating
Old 18 May 2014, 18:26   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
Amukinado,

That brand is supposed to be a German fabrication, down issues. Seems to be a first entry level sib, material is probably too thin compard to standard 0.9 mm pvc fabrics now a days. Has a slated alum floor that could be rolled once tubes are defleated.

A 250 is a vey short and narrowe sib, with extra mate, fishing rods and beers will be bored soon, too small even for pottering around. Save more cash or tell mate to add some and buy a larger one. don't go under a 320 if wanting more fun.

Boating is fun, but definitely not with a 250...

Happy Boating
Thanks mate. That's the kind of feed-back I was looking for.

I recon 250 is a tad too small. Maybe for one guy it could work, but that's not the plan. I'll be looking into the 310 or 330 and see if a good opportunity comes along.
Old 19 May 2014, 08:49   #10

What would you say about this Zodiac?

http://portocity.olx.pt/barco-da-mar...-iid-454288315

It's 2.5 m long but the guy says it can take 4 blokes.