Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKent View Post
It was all the talk of it being 13 HP
I didn't even discuss that, it was a point in his ad I just didn't believe; it's a common belief though, because of the history in their shift from using the 8hp for the 9.9, to using a downgraded 15 for the 9.9. It has more ccs than the old version... so no point in me discussing it when I believe it to be rubbish

Quote:
and he bought the boat new 6-7 years ago from Barnet (with the black patches) when they never came with patches (those are not factory fitted I'm sure you'd agree)
Actually, whilst they are not normal Bombard fitment, I believe they could well have been done by the factory... maybe it was a returned slightly soiled boat they patched to sell on looking good; maybe it's an after market fitment; maybe it was done by Barnet Marine; either way they look perfect and like a professional job to me. So not an issue for me, I would expect a patch or two on that age boat, and they are the only two I have found.

Quote:
the boat is 14years old not 6-7 and I'm not convinced he bought that from new either (could be wrong) and it doesn't make any difference, it's whether you're happy with it that counts.
Couldn't agree more, but I think it was made in 2003, so maybe just about 13 year old, so 5 years newer than my grey one.

Quote:
I am by the way happy that you managed to buy it before someone else does and hope that it proves to be a good purchase for you, I think it will (if you paid what he offered it to me for then theres no way you can lose on it anyway). WELL WORTH THE MONEY