Town: Enfield/Switzerland
Boat name: Zonneschijn II/Vixen
Make: Shakespeare/Avon
Length: 7m +
Engine: Evin' 175 DI /Yam 90
MMSI: 235055605
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKent View Post

Curious, can I ask how much you sold your old one for ?
Don't mind me if you want to answer that Fenlander, I have no plans to sell it so makes no odds.

Sean if you want to try one my offer stands (may have been by pm)

Old 12 March 2016, 15:04   #32

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Neil up to you to say here or on PM... I've no problem but it's your boat now so your call... and if you could make it Sean that's a hell of an offer from Neil... it really would cement your mind if you want to hold out for one.

Old 12 March 2016, 15:06   #33

Town: Maidstone
Boat name: na
Make: Zodiac
Engine: outboard 25p 2stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Harvey View Post
Don't mind me if you want to answer that Fenlander, I have no plans to sell it so makes no odds.

Sean if you want to try one my offer stands (may have been by pm)
Hi Neil, always happy to meet a local sibber, meant to respond but decided to just go buy anyway. I have no doubt I'll like the Aerotec at all, just need to find a decent one worth the price, either new or old.
Old 12 March 2016, 15:12   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
Neil up to you to say here or on PM... I've no problem but it's your boat now so your call... and if you could make it Sean that's a hell of an offer from Neil... it really would cement your mind if you want to hold out for one.
As I said I'd be happy to meet a local sibber (sure Enfield isn't far away) and you're right it is a very generous offer. I'm not sure how much it would help me work out the difference between an Aerotec and say a Honwave as have never tried the Honwave either. Sure I'd have plenty of fun going out in the Aerotec anyway though
Old 23 March 2016, 03:06   #35

Finally got a refund yesterday, now just need to decide whether to try one more bombard :-)
Old 23 March 2016, 04:03   #36

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Mercury
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
MMSI: 235074042
Sean

before i bought my mercury last year i was after a bombard c4 i contacted barnet marine in London & Ron hale marine Portsmouth neither had any stock due to the take over of Zodiac. barnet marine are the biggest out of the two speak to Laurence he will probably have one in new now, or at least order straight form bombard.
not read all this so apologies if all ready been suggested.

cheers
Old 23 March 2016, 05:10   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstevens763@g View Post
Sean

before i bought my mercury last year i was after a bombard c4 i contacted barnet marine in London & Ron hale marine Portsmouth neither had any stock due to the take over of Zodiac. barnet marine are the biggest out of the two speak to Laurence he will probably have one in new now, or at least order straight form bombard.
not read all this so apologies if all ready been suggested.

cheers
Spoke to Laurence at Barnet yesterday, he seemed very knowledgeable. Only reason I haven't ordered is he can give me no info on current spec, what changes if any (sounds like nobody can, including Bombard). He also said that these boats do sometimes come with odd marks etc and I'd just have to live with it if I got one like this, feel a little uneasy after the two I've already ordered. Might order one with a deposit and inspect and pick up, it's a reasonable distance though.
Old 23 March 2016, 05:35   #38

>>> no info on current spec, what changes if any (sounds like nobody can, including Bombard). He also said that these boats do sometimes come with odd marks etc and I'd just have to live with it

However much I like my Aerotec and would encourage others in the market for such a SIB to conside one this situation with them is total rubbish.

For example when mine arrived new last year it was one of the first I'd seen with stubby cones. It's no big deal but I'm honest enough to agree with anyone who says the old longer cones look better... thing is though most of the dealers are still using website images of the longer cones. Then there's the fact with the stubby cones it's not a 3.80m any more... it's 3.65m... but they still give the length as 3.8m.

And as for saying you should expect a few marks and live with it... sorry Barnet Marine but at 2300... some 1300 more than a Honwave 380 air floor I would expect perfect. At least Pennine marine ordered you a replacement then gave a full refund on that replacement because they weren't perfect.

I have a good contact at the dealer who dealt with my purchase last year and out of interest I've just phoned them... they don't have one in stock but say they would not expect a customer to get one less than spot on.
Old 23 March 2016, 05:39   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
>>> no info on current spec, what changes if any (sounds like nobody can, including Bombard). He also said that these boats do sometimes come with odd marks etc and I'd just have to live with it

However much I like my Aerotec and would encourage others in the market for such a SIB to conside one this situation with them is total rubbish.

For example when mine arrived new last year it was one of the first I'd seen with stubby cones. It's no big deal but I'm honest enough to agree with anyone who says the old longer cones look better... thing is though most of the dealers are still using website images of the longer cones. Then there's the fact with the stubby cones it's not a 3.80m any more... it's 3.65m... but they still give the length as 3.8m.

And as for saying you should expect a few marks and live with it... sorry Barnet Marine but at 2300... some 1300 more than a Honwave 380AE I would expect perfect. At least Pennine marine ordered you a replacement then gave a full refund on that replacement because they weren't perfect.

I have a good contact at the dealer who dealt with my purchase last year and out of interest I've just phoned them... they don't have one in stock but say they would not expect a customer to get one less than spot on.
Think you've mentioned that dealer in another post, can't remember their name off the top of my head (it'll come to me later) and have spoken to them (they sound very good) but they sell their Aerotecs for quite a bit over 2300
Old 23 March 2016, 05:43   #40

What Chas Newens? How much do they want for one this year?