Old 09 November 2015, 16:10   #21

Length: 7m +
I dont know why people only go boating in the season what ever that is, some of the best days out on the water are during winter months, flat calm seas and lovely sunshine, cold yes but if you wrap up well it can be glorious.

Keep Boating All Year
Old 05 December 2015, 18:35   #22

Town: Lincoln
Boat name: Logan Charles
Make: SR5.4 &AvonTyphoon
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 75, Merc 25
MMSI: pm me..
Hi mate, i have a 4 hp Yamaha as an aux for my SR4 and i often use it on my 3.4 Avon Typhoon SIB. It does 6mph flat out two up and 5mph on half throttle bimbling along! lovely little motor!
Old 10 October 2016, 09:09   #23

Town: UK
Boat name: Awesome !!!
Make: F-RIB 375(S)
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki 9 / 15 & 20HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post
I dont know why people only go boating in the season what ever that is, some of the best days out on the water are during winter months, flat calm seas and lovely sunshine, cold yes but if you wrap up well it can be glorious.

Keep Boating All Year

I'm with you on that, yes it can get chilly if you don't wrap up, be prepared and there's some great days boating to be had all year round

Member of F-RibsAndSibs.Com
Old 10 October 2016, 10:10   #24

Town: Denny
Boat name: Highland Bluewater
Length: 6m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by boristhebold View Post

Keep Boating All Year
+1 Heading for Oban on Wednesday for a few days.
Old 10 October 2016, 13:52   #25

Town: UK
Boat name: Awesome !!!
Make: F-RIB 375(S)
Engine: Suzuki 9 / 15 & 20HP
Enjoy!
It's great up there

Member of F-RibsAndSibs.Com
Old 18 October 2016, 19:48   #26
RIBnet supporter

Town: Dunoon
Boat name: Tonto
Make: Honwave 3.8 Airfloor
Engine: Honda BF20 4st
Been on holiday and the outboards playing up, so going to the local Marina for a service on Monday.

Don't intend on stopping for winter time. Got some bothies to visit and winter is the best for that.
Old 18 October 2016, 20:51   #27

Town: Point Blank,TX
Boat name: Just Blown
Make: Achilles 2 of them
Engine: Yam 8&15hp Nissan 15
The only thing that comes to an end for me is swimming in the lake maybe the beginning of nov. bummed I have to wear a shirt until march when I go out sibing after that.
Old 05 November 2016, 13:14   #28

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Well it's time to declare my self packed away for this year. Helping 85yr old folks move to a retirement appartment and the rest of this year is going to be a whirl of finance & legal hassle, estate agents stress, decorating, wardrobe building, moving them, disposing of excess posessions etc.

After a great 2016 season quite happy to have the SIB kit all cleaned, dry and on the shelf until a (hopefully) early start next year.

This year has seen the consolidation of our Aerotec purchase in 2015 with a new Suzuki DF20AS to match, upgrade of my tiny handheld Garmin Etrex to a seat mounted Garmin 45DV, final choice of transom wheels for non-folding Zodiac type with the backup of carrying inflatable rollers, experiencing and surviving the roughest smallcraft conditions of my life and all topped off with a brilliant two weeks sibbing on the Scottish west coast which included meeting a couple of forum natives.

Roll on 2017.
Old 05 November 2016, 14:18   #29

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
You lasted a week or two longer than me Fenlander.

I spent a good part of October staying 50 yards from the sea and was out every day. I had no excuses nor great distance to go ..to not to go out in the boat. The last few times I came ashore ... I was f..f..frozen . Sitting freezing my nads of in a wee boat will never be my idea of fun ...so everything was packed away for the last week in October

Instead.. I have been enjoying the lovely cold clear days of late October – early November running round the hills near my home.. getting fit...for the soon to arrive ..snow climbing .. winter hill walking season. The autumn colour's on land have been very spectacular this year.. and I always look forward to the start of my walking season

I had a great summer of boating..Visited many new places as well as going back to old haunts.. and I met many folks to share real sea stories with..including your good self Fenlander. I hope we can meet again in 2017 season.

I have a few difficult hurdles to cross myself this winter. My ever ageing body needs some preventative maintenance with a short visit to hospital.. nothing too serious.. probably the equivalent of changing the impeller on the outboard and renewing some lubricants etc.

During that period .. I will be thinking of more great times on the water next year ..but I also look forward to the snows arriving soon too.

Have a good winter Fenlander.. and see you on the water again next year
Old 07 November 2016, 10:18   #30

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Thanks Gurnard. All respect for those that keep sibbing through the winter but there is no shame in looking back on a great year and turning to other winter activities.... including impeller changes of all types.

Good few years back I owned a Pebble 16 like the one below and used that through the winter. Many trips ended with me almost unable to recover at the slipway due to frozen fingers... yes I know wrong clothing and all that.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pebble.JPG
Views:	188
Size:	135.8 KB
ID:	116964  
Old 07 November 2016, 20:36   #31
RIBnet Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gurnard View Post
I had a great summer of boating..Visited many new places as well as going back to old haunts.. and I met many folks to share real sea stories with..including your good self Fenlander. I hope we can meet again in 2017 season.
Yeah - we did well despite the weather. Sorry I missed you this year Gurnard...

...I shall take more careful aim next season
Old 08 November 2016, 07:33   #32

Town: Stirling
Boat name: The Gurnard
Make: Quicksilver
Engine: mariner 25hp 2s
I cant complain about the weather this year Willk ..but that is the advantage of early retirement ..I loved Monday’s ..and there is often some of the best days on the water during mid week .

I was well wrapped up in warm clothes on my last outing in mid October and it was flat calm.. but I cant keep warm just sitting on a small boat..regardless what I wear.. I need to keep moving muscles to do that.

Coming home after my last outing

I guess Im like the seagulls ..in summer Im at home by the sea

But when they fly south .. I head north for the hills

My body got a little rusty this season.. and I found Im carrying too much iron around in it .. so next year means no Tins of Guinness.. and draining a pint of it out my system once a week for the whole year . So perhaps I wont like Monday’s so much then .. but that still leaves me Tuesday to Sundays to do my thing.

Like the birds ..I will return in the spring .. and hope to see you all again then .

Warm boating to all those who brave the cold... its just not my thing