Old 04 November 2018, 06:38   #11

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 9.9 4-stroke
OK...

Your Aerotec is one of the very earliest as indicated by the 1997/8 serial no. and those grey cone ends.

It's glue is failing and will continue to fail so the potential is for a total transom and floor re-glue to make it safe. Also the glued elements of the floor construction are gradually failing too.

To properly repair that lot for another 5+yrs life would exceed the value of the boat if done by a pro... and it's beyond the ability of most DIYers. Also this time of year you'd need a heated workshop to glue properly and the humidity could still be an issue.

Not too long ago I bought an Aerotec of that sort of age to see if I liked the way they went. It came with a mint Mercury 10hp and once that was removed from the equation the Aerotec stood about £300 or so. I re-glued all the seam areas that were failing at that time (documented on here) so I had an air and watertight SIB I could take on holiday to the Scottish West Coast area for "do I want an Aerotec" trials.

The answer was yes so I bought a new one.

I sold the old one to a forum member so he too could have a chance to try an Aerotec at budget money to see if it suited him. The price was about £350 with genuine Zodiac HD transom wheels which had a used value £100/£150. So I valued the boat itself around £200-£250.... and remember at that time every problem area was newly repaired.

I think it lasted him a couple of seasons until many more glued areas failed and he bought a newer one.

I'm not going to put a value on yours but you can see where I'm going. For £900-£1000 you can buy far newer ones with perfect cosmetics... zero glue issues and no previous repairs at the time of sale.

Old 04 November 2018, 06:49   #12

Town: Surrey
Boat name: ocean pro 6.3
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 140hp suzuki
Aerotec 380 / Yamaha 8hp

Thanks Fenlander, thatís interesting, though the seams that are failing appear easy fixes. ok so itís out there on here that Iím willing to sell. If someone is interested let me know, there is no pressure if no one fancies it Iíll keep it, will be great as a convenient in the boot runaround. Iím confident some gluing where seem edges are lifting will keep it in use for many years, and if / when they lift again, glue them again, simple. I agree donít think it would be worth sending it to a workshop - itís a DIY job for sure, but a straight forward one.

Anyway, PM for any interest, all offers considered, worst that happens is I say no

Old 04 November 2018, 06:56   #13

Plus wheels are brand new and cost £150
Old 04 November 2018, 13:27   #14

Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
at around that age and issues its 400 and the engine in the condition described 400.
You may find someone who hasnt a scoobie and may pay more.

a mint yam 8 is 700
A mint aerotec that age is 800
Old 04 November 2018, 17:24   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt h View Post
at around that age and issues its 400 and the engine in the condition described 400.
You may find someone who hasnt a scoobie and may pay more.

a mint yam 8 is 700
A mint aerotec that age is 800

Sounds ok, thanks for your input

Tags
yamaha