Old 20 January 2019, 04:10   #1

Town: Phoenix
Make: Achilles SGX-132
Length: 4m +
Engine: Yamaha 25EFI
Achilles SGX-132 Maiden Voyage

Was a beautiful 70 degree day here today and got the boat out for the first time. The trolley would not fit width-wise inside our trailer so we had to manhandle the boat and motor. Was OK with three people on the boat and two on the motor. Wouldn't want to make a habit of it though.

Boat was very stable to walk in, much better in chop, and a significantly drier ride than our previous Achilles LSR-310. Very happy with the boat and thanks to Jeff for suggesting to go big!

The Johnson 25hp two stroke was shimmed 3/4 of an inch above the top of the transom which resulted in no splash getting in the boat, nor any cavitation during normal operations. Surprisingly to me it was propped with way too much pitch for the SIB. The motor has been used exclusively on our welded 1448 650lb Jon boat. It has a PowerTech stainless prop and it is perfect for the Jon boat. Good enough hole shot for a junior wakeboarder and wound out nicely for a good top end. Not so for the SIB, sluggish out of the hole and didn't wind out.

Still planning on outfitting with the new Yamaha EFI 25hp. Wondering how low of pitch prop I'll need :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trolley.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	128275   Click image for larger version

Name:	trailer.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	128276   Click image for larger version

Name:	boat.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	128277   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	128278   Click image for larger version

Name:	slide desc.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	128279  

Old 20 January 2019, 11:50   #2

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
Thanks for uploading the images (bit small though)... always good to see what folks outfits look like.

Are you going to narrow the trolley?
Old 20 January 2019, 15:42   #3

Town: Phoenix
Make: Achilles SGX-132
Engine: Yamaha 25EFI
Hi Fenlander,

It can be narrowed easily but then the boat rides on the hard plastic rollers that the webbing wraps around and the instructions said not to have it sit on them, but rather the whole boat resting on the webbing. Just to know, I tried narrowing it and it still will not fit in the utility traier. We bought the trolley for the beach though, not to use it in conjunction with the trailer. The boat and trolley will be carried in bays of the motorhome..

The trolley is wonderful for easily moving the boat and motor around. Our previous boat/motor/gear on quality transom wheels weighed 190 bs and was much more difficult to move around than this setup weighing 370 lbs. Everything is a compromise though, trolley costs more, takes, more room. and you wouldn’t take it with you in the boat..
Old 20 January 2019, 17:56   #4

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Glad you went for the bigger boat Kurt already your seeing a difference.

Prop wise with my 25 I use 10/11/12 pitch I find 2 knots difference between the pitches with 10 giving a good hole shot and allowing me to keep on the plain in the really rough stuff a lot longer and up quicker trim is second hole back from the transom.