Old 11 March 2014, 03:05   #11

Length: 4m +
Well I think we will buy the Classic Mk2C 3.8m with the Aluminium flooring. The air floor comes with Futura models... I think the aluminium would be much better for sea trips too. Plus manoeuvring will be easier... Can't wait for my son to grow a few muscles! We are taking my son with us to check his reactions... Hopefully he will get excited. Thanks again for taking the time to reply... It's very much appreciated and has helped me make my decision.

Old 11 March 2014, 05:24   #12

Make: Destroyer 5.5/Ring18
Length: 3m +
Engine: Yam 90HP/Yam200HP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodiacManiac View Post
Well I think we will buy the Classic Mk2C 3.8m with the Aluminium flooring. The air floor comes with Futura models... I think the aluminium would be much better for sea trips too. Plus manoeuvring will be easier... Can't wait for my son to grow a few muscles! We are taking my son with us to check his reactions... Hopefully he will get excited. Thanks again for taking the time to reply... It's very much appreciated and has helped me make my decision.
I had the exact same sib, great set up with a 25hp 2 stroke.

Old 11 March 2014, 13:00   #13

Town: Lima-Peru
Boat name: Nautile
Make: Sea Rider Boats
Engine: Tohatsu 18 /30 HP
Zodiac Maniac,

A 420 is not only 40 cm longer, it's about 30-35 cm wider, has wider diam tubes, bulkier when inflated or deflated at storage and heavier to move around.

If you won't use a 420 with full mate capacity and full recommended max engine, don't go for it. Have been through this 420 upgrade sib process myself and switched back again to a 380 with same Tohatsu 18 HP next day. A 380 will suit you well.

Happy Boating
Old 11 March 2014, 14:23   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locozodiac View Post
Zodiac Maniac,

A 420 is not only 40 cm longer, it's about 30-35 cm wider, has wider diam tubes, bulkier when inflated or deflated at storage and heavier to move around.

If you won't use a 420 with full mate capacity and full recommended max engine, don't go for it. Have been through this 420 upgrade sib process myself and switched back again to a 380 with same Tohatsu 18 HP next day. A 380 will suit you well.

Happy Boating
Thanks for the advice. The Classic 4.2 and 3.8 are actually the same width in tubes and overall width according to specs... It's JUST longer. Anyway I bought the 3.8m Alu today and got good advice from the owner of the shop. He didn't try to rip me off and actually said "don't really need that take this..." He also said 3.8 was good for 15hp. He also recommended a cheaper life vest for wife and a non-automatic vest for our son 3 1/2. Also said electric start wasn't necessary as the Suzukis start really easy plus I won't have to look after a battery. He will also register boat for me and when it arrives we will both build it together where he can give me tips that aren't written down anywhere. So in the end I saved about 1200 on Simpler engine.. Cheaper life jackets etc. still ended up forking out around 6700 for full outfit. Locks.. Boat hook .. Anchor and the likes. Went into shop thinking it was going to be 8100. Should have it available for collection before Easter. Thanks again all posters who contributed to my decision.
Old 14 March 2017, 08:39   #15

About to buy.. Dilemma 3.8m or 4.2m Zodiac

Well nearly three years on and I made the right decision with your help.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2740.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	149.2 KB
ID:	118480
Old 14 March 2017, 11:56   #16

Town: East Anglia
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Suzuki DF20 EFI
Good to hear the feedback and see you enjoying it! Has the Suzuki been reliable for you... I'm now a year into ownership of the 20hp version and it's been good so far.
Old 14 March 2017, 12:07   #17

Yes very reliable ... very happy with it... only 91 hours on the clock but starts every time. 140 to get it serviced every year... but it gives me an air of confidence. I've used on Sea and Rivers...