May I start of by saying what an excellent forum I think this is! I have spent the last few weeks trawling through previous posts and have found answers to sooo many of my questions.
I have recently bought a used Zodiac Futura (Fastroller) 4.2m with a 25hp Mercury (both '99) and had a vast amount of questions that needed answering, most of which already have been thanks to Rib.net
Although I realise this is a primaraly a RIB forum I have noticed quite a few posts from SIB owners and wondered if there were many current/previous Futura owners out there that could possibly offer some advice...
1. I don't have a owners manual for the boat and am not sure what order the main tubes, airfloor and speed tubes should be inflated. Can anybody offer me any advice on this?
2. In the summer I hope to pull a wakeboard behind the boat, has anybody had any experience with a similar boat/engine and towing a wakeboard?
3. I wasn't going to bother with a VHF radio as I don't plan to go out much more than a mile or so but found this on Ebay and wondered what people's thoughts were(if any) on it: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cobra-MRHH90-H...QQcmdZViewItem
- Doesn't seem bad for the price?!
4. One of the tubes has a patch on it which doesn't appear to loose air but I've heard that with PVC boats a repair is only temporary unless carried out by a pro. Is this true or should I just keep an eye on it?
Sorry for all the questions but any feedback will be most gratefully received.
I hope to take her out this weekend (only in Bristol docks for a trial run) and can't wait to see how she goes, will post an update next week (with maybe a bunch more questions!)
Many Thanks to any responders and keep up the good work peeps