Old 04 May 2016, 11:11   #21

Town: Maidstone
Boat name: na
Make: Zodiac
Length: 3m +
Engine: outboard 25p 2stroke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stigomery View Post
I'm surprised you stuck with it, I think I'd have been off running after the first couple of boats... Hope you enjoy her in the water when you finally get there!
I was very reluctant after the first two but Bombard promised me an absolutely perfect boat 3rd time round.....
Old 04 May 2016, 12:20   #22

Town: Cambridgeshire
Boat name: Nimrod II
Make: Aerotec 380
Engine: Yam 15 Tohatsu 9.8
So so disappointing to hear of this attitude from "Bombard". True indeed that dealers should have inspected and rejected faulty boats at this price level but pretty telling Bombard are happy that dealers should be catching the problem ones... have they never heard of factory quality control?

I bought mine last year during the Zodiac administration period so when it was found to need a new floor had to wait for production to restart. During this period my dealer kept constantly telling me Zodiac were on the case and determined to turn things around and regain their reputation as makers of quality SIBs.

I think those words were somewhat hollow with what you've experienced.
Old 04 May 2016, 12:23   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenlander View Post
So so disappointing to hear of this attitude from "Bombard". True indeed that dealers should have inspected and rejected faulty boats at this price level but pretty telling Bombard are happy that dealers should be catching the problem ones... have they never heard of factory quality control?

I bought mine last year during the Zodiac administration period so when it was found to need a new floor had to wait for production to restart. During this period my dealer kept constantly telling me Zodiac were on the case and determined to turn things around and regain their reputation as makers of quality SIBs.

Exactly how I feel !
Old 04 May 2016, 14:26   #24

Town: Up North and right a bit
Make: XS500/Merc340/Bic245
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mar 60/20/3.5/Hon2.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanKent View Post
Sorry, I can see how you fixed them in the picture, did you buy the washer with the two holes already there ?
Sean,
Washers were plain M8 x 30mm A4 ss. I drilled two c/sunk holes, set on silicone and fixed with No4 x 13mm A4 ss c/sunk self tapping screws.
Old 04 May 2016, 19:14   #25

Town: Retford
Boat name: Spy-sea-one
Make: Excel 435
Length: 4m +
Engine: Suzuki Outboard/25/4
RIBase
Quote:
Now then Jeff what mischief are you planning?
No just I got 24knts the other day me big lad full tank and all my kit she was a bit skittish not a problem but I was well happy a good comfy ride at 12 knots in the rough solid stable and a dry ride just a compare against the aerotec as with a twenty similar weight wanted to see how similar they perform.hopefully get out Thursday & Friday to do some more tests carrying more fuel.

Cheers
Old 04 May 2016, 19:54   #26

Town: S. Carolina
Boat name: D560
Make: Avon
Engine: 2016 Merc 115hp CT
Quote:

Zodiac used to do a pre-delivery checklist with their new boats that I used to throw away...never had time to check through the 6 billion items they wanted the dealer to check off, as I was too busy running repairs. But, there was an expectation of the dealer to be the last line of defense against quality problems.

Then again, in the US market, we also would have just slapped a patch on, added a symmetrical d-ring over the patch on both sides to make it look factory, and called it a free upgrade (Because who is seriously going to complain about more d-rings? I love a lot of d-rings on my boats). But then again, I also don't consider that crease to be a defect, nor is it delamination (the coating is still adhered to the support cloth just fine).

Sadly, we don't get Aerotecs here. They sell like crap. Everyone wants 5.5 and 6.5 meter RIBs, if they want an inflatable.
office888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04 May 2016, 23:17   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by office888 View Post
Zodiac used to do a pre-delivery checklist with their new boats that I used to throw away...never had time to check through the 6 billion items they wanted the dealer to check off, as I was too busy running repairs. But, there was an expectation of the dealer to be the last line of defense against quality problems.

Then again, in the US market, we also would have just slapped a patch on, added a symmetrical d-ring over the patch on both sides to make it look factory, and called it a free upgrade (Because who is seriously going to complain about more d-rings? I love a lot of d-rings on my boats). But then again, I also don't consider that crease to be a defect, nor is it delamination (the coating is still adhered to the support cloth just fine).

Sadly, we don't get Aerotecs here. They sell like crap. Everyone wants 5.5 and 6.5 meter RIBs, if they want an inflatable.

I wouldn't want loads of d-rings. I'd either want it stock from the factory or I'd add d-rings where I wanted them. I wouldn't accept a new boat that way but that's just me. Maybe I'm fussy.

Creases are fine, would expect that, particularly when new and having been boxed up tight. A tear in the outer layer with a dirty glue mark around it wasn't, in the same way I rejected a patched boat.
Old 06 May 2016, 16:36   #28

I went to give the aerotec a try this afternoon, didn't have much time left with tides by the time I got out though. Bravo pump I bought when I first bought ab aerotec wouldn't kick in to HP mode :-( thought I'd try the footpump but the Bravo gauge that came with the boot doesn't seem to work :-( with tide against me I decided to call it a day, seem to be having terrible luck boating!
Old 06 May 2016, 17:06   #29

Quote:
I went to give the aerotec a try this afternoon, didn't have much time left with tides by the time I got out though. Bravo pump I bought when I first bought ab aerotec wouldn't kick in to HP mode :-( thought I'd try the footpump but the Bravo gauge that came with the boot doesn't seem to work :-( with tide against me I decided to call it a day, seem to be having terrible luck boating!
Are you sure the pressure was not simply high enough to activate it and not high enough to register on the gauge?

Turn the pump on, then put your thumb over the tip. You should hear it cross over for a moment, then shut off.
Old 06 May 2016, 17:37   #30

Quote:
Are you sure the pressure was not simply high enough to activate it and not high enough to register on the gauge?

Turn the pump on, then put your thumb over the tip. You should hear it cross over for a moment, then shut off.
It did activate for a bit and then cut out, I've tried putting my finger over the hole but it won't cut back in
Old 06 May 2016, 17:38   #31

Quote:
It did activate for a bit and then cut out, I've tried putting my finger over the hole but it won't cut back in
Try pressing the "ON" button and holding it for about 3-5 seconds. Also, are you using the CL16 coupler on the tip of the hose / on the gauge?
Old 06 May 2016, 17:40   #32

Guess it's possible with the gauge, hopefully I'll try again tomorrow when I have more time, I'll also take the spare gauge zodiac left with me.
Old 06 May 2016, 18:27   #33

Quote:
Try pressing the "ON" button and holding it for about 3-5 seconds. Also, are you using the CL16 coupler on the tip of the hose / on the gauge?
I used the coupler that came with the boats footpump as these (there's one for floor and one for tubes) seem to be a perfect fit

I'll try holding the on button