Old 07 September 2008, 16:08   #11
Town: Wincanton
Length: 3m +
The glue what I usually use is Bostic 2402 or Bostic 486. for light colour fabric on a first quote i use 2402 and second quote bostic 486. Mix with hardener!! That i think is best glue for hypalon and pvc fabric. U can use another one is Adamprene glue (from Italy) and U don't need to sand a fabric. but it's expensive staff. Good luck with choice!!

Duris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 September 2008, 10:39   #12
Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
I'd suggest this stuff:

or this:

NRS is in Washington State, I believe, and they do ship to Canada (including adhesives.)

You might want to search for a local supplier, though, as hazmat charges apply for shipping flammable stuff (and adhesives are highly flammable), and international shipping may be quite expensive.

Browse around on the NRS website and you'll also find repair procedures.

jyasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 September 2008, 20:12   #13
Town: Adelaide
Length: no boat
Just found this forum, and hopefully my knowledge will be helpful to some.

We have been repairing inflatables since the 60's and recommend the following for Zodiac PVC inflatables.

Some of this has been mentioned in previous posts.

Clean away any old flakey glue.

Use MEK to soften up the fabric, this also helps in cleaning away any oils, contaminents.

Using a paintbrush, apply a thin coat to both surfaces with Bostik 1669 adhesive. Let dry fully (30 mins). Apply a second coat to both surfaces and again allow to dry fully.

Press both fabrics together and apply gentle heat (glue will activate at around 28 deg C). Once cool repair will be at 80% strength. 100% will take an hour or so.

Note: there is no need to roughen up PVC fabrics. This is only done when repairing Hypalon craft, as hypalon is a rubber based fabric.

I have created an online guide for repairing PVC inflatables. If need be I can put the link in.

S4Simon is offline   Reply With Quote