Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 08 April 2014, 18:17   #11
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Oop North
Length: 3m +
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 323
So you're hooked then.
__________________

__________________
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08 April 2014, 18:36   #12
Member
 
Barrowboy's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: Galway
Boat name: Top Banana
Make: Scorpion 9m
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yamaha 421STI
MMSI: Yeah right!
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 1,161
RIBase
Fantastic!

It's frequently said that the enjoyment of boating is often inversely proportional to the size/cost of the boat and it looks like you've cracked it on your first trip.
__________________

__________________
Barrowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 05:35   #13
Member
 
Black's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol/Devon
Boat name: Orca
Make: Aerotec 380
Length: 3m +
Engine: Johnson 15hp
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 352
Send a message via MSN to Black
Looks a great family day out, well done!

Couldn't agree more with Barrowboy's statement, some of the best days we've had have been on the little boats.
__________________
Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 06:18   #14
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Essex
Make: Quicksilver
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30hp
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 132
Yes leave valve open. 2 strokes are always a bit smelly and noisy. You get used to it. Mines a 30hp so rarely use flat out so it's not too bad. Make sure mix is right. Probably 50 to 1. Too much oil will be smoky.

Glad you enjoyed. Your adventures have just begun.
__________________
The Bass Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 10:24   #15
Member
 
steco1958's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Bromwich
Boat name: Ellie V
Make: Excel Voyager 520
Length: 5m +
Engine: Evinrude 75 HP
MMSI: 235 908 287
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 680
Looks a good day out, kids all had smiles on their faces, jackets and kill cord all used, what could be better
__________________
steco1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09 April 2014, 11:52   #16
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sussex
Boat name: Bombard, Y-162
Make: Aerotec 380, Y-Class
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mercury Mariner 15hp
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,692
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black View Post
Looks a great family day out, well done!

Couldn't agree more with Barrowboy's statement, some of the best days we've had have been on the little boats.
+ 1

Lots of people + little boat + sun + spray = unbeatable fun for a few 'sss.
__________________
Max... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2014, 16:06   #17
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: England
Boat name: boat
Make: Zodiac Cadet340Activ
Length: 3m +
Engine: 15hp Mariner
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
So you're hooked then.
Looks like...Great day out & kids loved getting involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrowboy View Post
Fantastic!

It's frequently said that the enjoyment of boating is often inversely proportional to the size/cost of the boat and it looks like you've cracked it on your first trip.
Possibly, though many years ago my late father had a westerly Pentland & we loved trips out to the island & up through Buckler hard etc.. unfortunately with a family the size of mine we will have to stick with the blow up for a while yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bass Stalker View Post
Yes leave valve open. 2 strokes are always a bit smelly and noisy. You get used to it. Mines a 30hp so rarely use flat out so it's not too bad. Make sure mix is right. Probably 50 to 1. Too much oil will be smoky.

Glad you enjoyed. Your adventures have just begun.
100:1 on mine, it's noisy at about 1/4" throttle but gets better flat out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steco1958 View Post
Looks a good day out, kids all had smiles on their faces, jackets and kill cord all used, what could be better
Umm.....ski board, RIB with bigger engine, onboard bar, no seriously it was great to get the kids pulling together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max... View Post
+ 1

Lots of people + little boat + sun + spray = unbeatable fun for a few 'sss.

Cheers for the feedback...we will learn, honest
__________________

__________________
T4bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.