Town: denny
Boat name: breezy
Make: northcraft
Length: 6m +
Engine: honda 150
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
The boat is going in the back garden. Unfortunately I have strict instructions not to drive on the new Grass. I don’t think I’ll get the landrover to swing the boat around without touching said grass. Anyone know of, or had personal experience with mobile boat movers, something that goes on the hitch, wheels, alternative. I even wondered about an old quad bike with front hitch.
why don't you just put the foot down its only grass it grows back now unless you are going to get an airlift to get it in said position I can still see the grass getting a bit of damage if you winch it you will still get the jockey wheel gouging its way back what about cheap ply cut into 2 ft wide strips and lay them across the grass to where you want we do this when we are doing trees and want to put our skid steer across nicely manicured lawns its cheap as well
Old 08 December 2017, 07:03   #22

Length: 7m +
Would you not consider putting a tow ball on the front of the Landy, I did with mine and it was great for pushing my 25ft cruiser around a 90 degree turn into my drive way and past the corner of my house (1 inch clearance). You have the added benefit of facing the trailer so can see everything as you go. Eventually I had a winch bumper and off roading winch so I could winch the trailer to the car and onto the tow ball when the slip required it. Single handed as SWMBO sat in the boat until on dry land....
Old 13 December 2017, 08:04   #23

Town: southampton
Boat name: TOP CAT 2
Make: Scorpion 8.1
Length: 8m +
Engine: 250hp HO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post
Would you not consider putting a tow ball on the front of the Landy, I did with mine and it was great for pushing my 25ft cruiser around a 90 degree turn into my drive way and past the corner of my house (1 inch clearance). You have the added benefit of facing the trailer so can see everything as you go. Eventually I had a winch bumper and off roading winch so I could winch the trailer to the car and onto the tow ball when the slip required it. Single handed as SWMBO sat in the boat until on dry land....
Thanks all. A front hitch is another good option. We had already discussed that, I’ll give it another good thinking about
Old 16 December 2017, 10:48   #24

Town: Montrose
Boat name: Ruby Blue
Make: Honwave & SW4800cc
Length: 3m +
Engine: Mariner 15 & 60efi
RIBase
Front hitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtflash View Post
Thanks all. A front hitch is another good option. We had already discussed that, I’ll give it another good thinking about
Give that one a serious thought. I park my trailer at home between the side of the garage and our boundary fence, it's quite tight and has to be reversed past and around our oil storage tank, used to take 5 - 6 shunts. Bought a made to fit front tow bar from Watling trailers for my Navara, what a diference! now parked in one attempt. Also very handy for slips with an awkward approach.

Will also come in handy when we get our Caravan in January :-)