Town: dundee
Boat name: harika
Make: compass
Length: under 3m
Engine: mariner 4 hp 2 strok
small trailer

hi
expert advice needed ?
being the proud awner of a small hypalon [8 feet inflaitable] ?? how expensive would it be , to make my own trailer , looks ,like a t ee bar with ,two wheel,s and a tow hitch .. ,plus small supports for tubes weight would be about 50-60 lbs would appreciate any comments good ,or -dont do it..

thanks in advance for any reply,s
harry

would only tow for ten-twenty mile,s .......
Old 07 May 2011, 21:41   #2

Town: Aberdeenshire
Boat name: Sula
Make: Ribcraft 4.8m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Tohatsu 70hp + aux
MMSI: 235087213
RIBase
Plenty folk have done it. I suppose it all comes down to your own level of expertise. Having a decent work area/space would be high on my list of priorities. You could probably pick up a trailer second-hand for £150-350 so weigh up your options and decide.

Something like this would be more than adequate, with extended bunks, etc. Boat / Dinghy / Rib Trailer | eBay UK
Old 09 May 2011, 09:35   #3

Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
You could probably use a sailing dinghy combi trailer for that. I saw recently someone doing one for inflatables (had a Sib frildly support). Dixon Bate (or whoever owns them this week) did kits for not a lot of money tat you could probably miodify really easily.

I looked at building my own form scratch, but after pricing it up, I reckoned for the fiver or so's difference I went out & bought one.

Local(ish) to you is Autow in Perth, nominally "agricultural" trailers, but they are a dealer for one of the boat trailer makers (I forget which) Also may be worth diving into somewhere Like David Anderson in Tayport or the one whose name I forget on the Dundee side of the river. Both have plenty of parts in stock, so may be able to procure a trailer too.
Old 10 May 2011, 08:34   #4

Town: dundee
Boat name: harika
Make: compass
Length: under 3m
Engine: mariner 4 hp 2 strok
traile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9D280 View Post
You could probably use a sailing dinghy combi trailer for that. I saw recently someone doing one for inflatables (had a Sib frildly support). Dixon Bate (or whoever owns them this week) did kits for not a lot of money tat you could probably miodify really easily.

I looked at building my own form scratch, but after pricing it up, I reckoned for the fiver or so's difference I went out & bought one.

Local(ish) to you is Autow in Perth, nominally "agricultural" trailers, but they are a dealer for one of the boat trailer makers (I forget which) Also may be worth diving into somewhere Like David Anderson in Tayport or the one whose name I forget on the Dundee side of the river. Both have plenty of parts in stock, so may be able to procure a trailer too.
good advice , cheer,s ,will check them out
harry