Old 30 July 2005, 19:06   #11

Town: Chelmsford/Anglesey
Make: Avon SR/RibLite 3.1m
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda 30hp/Yam 8hp
Sirius - just a thought, but what if you fitted a set of those removable launching wheels to the SIB's transom while it's still on the trailer, then push it off the trailer and walk the boat into the water using the wheels. You could then demount the wheels and chuck them back in the car. You could then refit the launching wheels to assist recovery of the SIB. Of course this all rather depends on how easy it is to slide the SIB off the bunks in the first place, but I can't immediately think of any other solution other than dispensing completely with the trailer and going through the hassle of inflating and deflating the boat each time you use it

Old 30 July 2005, 19:07   #12

Town: Des Moines, Iowa
Boat name: Perfecto
Make: Merc
Ya i have decided to sell it. This is rediculous. Thanks for the replise tho guys. Ive had problems since day 1, including the original boat having a huge hole in it.

Old 31 July 2005, 00:49   #13

Town: Chula Vista, CA
Boat name: T.A.P.O.A.F.O.M.
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Trailer tongue lengthened

How about having the trailer tongue lengthened? I had that done to my roller trailer at Polaris in Langley, Canada. Seems that would put the trailer further back and move the boat forward on the trailer so the end doesn't hang off.
Old 31 July 2005, 04:32   #14

Town: Fareham
Length: 6m +
Have you got any pictures of the Sib/trailer, perhaps you could install a launching trolly in between the bunks and SIB
Old 01 August 2005, 16:08   #15

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
http://www.xtend-a-hitchnorthwest.com/

This would do it for you, I think.

The problem with most inflatable trailers is that the tubes sit above the fenders. This means that the boat is really high on the trailer.

Depending on width, you could, I suppose, re-axle the trailer to get enough width to fit the SIB between the fenders. Probably be a little pricey, though.

The Extend-a-hitch would work (depending on the type of trailer you have), but if I were you, I'd print out enough of the pictures that someone on your side of the pond would be able to fabricate one for you, rather than order one from California.

jky
Old 02 August 2005, 01:59   #16

Town: Des Moines, Iowa
Boat name: Perfecto
Make: Merc
thanks. but to expensive. appreciate the support'
Old 02 August 2005, 09:52   #17

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Engine: 40hp 2 str
Why not just pack the boat up and throw it and the motor in the back of your vehicle or a small utility trailer? One of the main benefits of a foldable inflatable boat is to be able to get to remote lakes that would not be accessible if towing a regular boat trailer. Using a foot pump, I can have my boat ready to go with the outboard mounted in less tha 15 minutes when by myself, and in less than 10 when with someone else. Doing it this way I can also launch from just about anywhere. If I get my cheap self to buy one of those $30 12volt rechargeable inflatable mattress compressors, it would be even quicker.