Old 01 May 2011, 06:33   #11
Town: Sydney
Boat name: Lunasea
Make: Ribtec 890SX
Length: 8m +
Engine: Yamaha ME 421STI x 2
Originally Posted by Anchorhandler View Post
Hi Gents

Found some spare time this weekend and picked up the roller bunks from my friendly local galvanizers...Got them assembled and fitted yesterday.

At the rate im going i just might get some use out of our rib by September! ......Just got to fit the final keel roller on an extended bracket aft of the rearmost crossmember, fit the guide wheels at the rear to allow me to power up the trailer, fit the mudguards, fabricate and fit the winch post and frame work for the onboard water tank (for imediate wheel flushing) and various other fiddly bits and not too much then

For those that are curious, Iv included a pic of the shrink wrapped u'bolts and the plastic bearing assemble of each quite well with each roller centered and spinning freely. I have cross drilled each roller to allow me to shoot some grease down onto the running surface from time to time.

As always, any and all coments welcome.....

I love them. I have a similar set up on my very old 20ft Bertram. The whole trailer rusted and the only thing I kept when I built a new one were the alloy wheels for sentimental reasons and the bunk rollers as I couldn't find new ones and I need them. It is a very heavy fibreglass boat with twin V8 shaft drive engines and there is no way it will slide off carpeted bunks.

I am guessing you made these.

kubcat is offline   Reply With Quote