Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 June 2013, 14:59   #1
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
Replacement Jockey wheel - Snipe Duro 300-4

Hello Folks

Any suggestions please where to get a replacement jockey wheel for my Snipe trailer as pictured?

The tyre on the current one is marked Duro 300-4 and the hub is orange plastic. The spindle is held in place with split pins.

The tyre has perished due to age, and I was thinking it was less hassle just to get a new wheel complete, than get a new tyre.

I'd also be interested in a solid tyre rather than the current air-filled one - any ideas / experiences / suggestions?

Traders with these in stock feel free to PM.

Many thanks for your help

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Orkney Islands-20130617-00824.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	196.7 KB
ID:	81569   Click image for larger version

Name:	Orkney Islands-20130617-00825.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	81570  
__________________

__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2013, 15:01   #2
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copinsay View Post
Hello Folks

Any suggestions please where to get a replacement jockey wheel for my Snipe trailer as pictured?

The tyre on the current one is marked Duro 300-4 and the hub is orange plastic. The spindle is held in place with split pins.

The tyre has perished due to age, and I was thinking it was less hassle just to get a new wheel complete, than get a new tyre.

I'd also be interested in a solid tyre rather than the current air-filled one - any ideas / experiences / suggestions?

Traders with these in stock feel free to PM.

Many thanks for your help

Steve
Most caravan places will have them.

Have a look on here as well http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_tr...at=0&_from=R40
__________________

__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2013, 15:06   #3
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
I use this place, really good guys and if you phone up rather than buy of the website they do good pricing

Honest and want to get repeat business.

Jockey Wheels & Legs
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2013, 07:38   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
Thanks for these responses folks as ever. I'd looked all over to find this wheel without success, and now I've found it.

AJ - you were right... The folk at Banbury Trailers are really helpful - and they even spoke highly about you too :o)

They are also very good with their postage rates to Orkney (ie they don't try and rip you off like some firms) so that's another good reason to use them in my book.

Thanks again Ribnet!

Best wishes

Steve
__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2013, 11:01   #5
AJ.
RIBnet supporter
 
AJ.'s Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Warwickshire
Boat name: Impulse
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki 140
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copinsay View Post
Thanks for these responses folks as ever. I'd looked all over to find this wheel without success, and now I've found it.

AJ - you were right... The folk at Banbury Trailers are really helpful - and they even spoke highly about you too :o)

They are also very good with their postage rates to Orkney (ie they don't try and rip you off like some firms) so that's another good reason to use them in my book.

Thanks again Ribnet!

Best wishes

Steve
Hey Steve, pleased you got sorted.

Spoke highly of me - There is a first in everyone life only took 34 years!
__________________
AJ. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 June 2013, 12:14   #6
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bristol
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: Yamaha
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 4,194
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ. View Post
Hey Steve, pleased you got sorted.

Spoke highly of me - There is a first in everyone life only took 34 years!
Something to do with some naughty DVD's you sent him!!
__________________
matt h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 June 2013, 11:51   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
... And new wheel arrived here in Orkney less than 24 hours after placing the order, with no extra postage charge. Top firm - please support :o) Cheers Banbury Trailers
__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 04:46   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Boat name: Wildheart
Make: Humber/Delta Seasafe
Length: 5m +
Engine: Merc 60 Clamshell
MMSI: 235068449
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 4,610
I have a similar assy, but the wheel is held in by a splayed hollow tube.

When I got the puncture I had to run down to the local "agricultural" trailer shop & replace with a bulletproof but thin (so useless for rope launch on anything other than a smooth concrete slip) solid rubber wheel.

As I'm going to have to destroy the axle to get the wheel off (have had the new inner tube for ages), my "plan A" had been a big diameter bolt. I like your split pin arrangement. Can you do me a wee favour & measure it up - (diameter x overall width of the outer edge of the brackets) - my trailer is also a snipe, but presumably carrying a cost reduced jockey......

I think I feel a replacement axle / much reduced hassle coming on! If your diameter & width are the same I'll buy an axle, if not it's back to plan A!
__________________
9D280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 06:19   #9
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
Hi 9D280

Happy to help in that way - I'm just about to fly off the island for a week, so will do the measurements when I take the old wheel off when I'm back. The new "proper" tyre was only around 10 delivered, so well worth getting one to put back in I'd suggest.

Happy to help

Steve
__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2013, 06:20   #10
RIBnet supporter
 
Copinsay's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Orkney
Boat name: Skylark
Make: Bombard 500
Length: 5m +
Engine: 60hp Yamaha outboard
MMSI: 235091893
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 416
PS - where in Scotland are you?
__________________

__________________
Copinsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.