Town: Wakefield
Boat name: Bouncer
Make: Redbay Stormforce
Length: 6m +
Engine: 2x Honda 100 Hp
MMSI: 235025718
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's a burger I use 2 cars 1 has the oblong and 1 the square plate. Will just get the normal size square when I do the job.
No I haven't I have 2 square
Old 02 November 2013, 00:25   #22

Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Can I put a motorbike size plate on my boat trailer.
Display Regs say the plate must be on the trailer (it doesn't actually say there needs to be a plate on the car if its towing). So the rules would require the smaller plate to be allowed which they aren't unless maybe you were towing with a motorbike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly View Post
Internet Baloney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Guy View Post
The RYA published a document that was a little misleading:

http://www.rya.org.uk/sitecollection...EGULATIONS.pdf
Well I thought I read it on legislation.gov the other week when I was swotting up for another argument in the C&Us! BUT I can't see any sign of it. I could swear it was written on the page in horrible legalese and me thinking what cr*p - why would that matter. Also thought I'd read elsewhere that if the car was displaying Euro Plates the trailer had to (my trailers don't and car does!).
So I'm going to assume I read the RYA document. And I'm going to then guess it should say "The trailer registration number plate must be identical in shape, colour and characteristics required for the plate of the towing vehicle."
My reason for saying that is that the Display Regs read like the car doesn't need a rear plate if its towing and the C&Us dont seem to mention number plates.
Old 02 November 2013, 09:08   #23
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyShoe View Post
Well I thought I read it on legislation.gov the other week when I was swotting up for another argument in the C&Us! BUT I can't see any sign of it. I could swear it was written on the page in horrible legalese and me thinking what cr*p - why would that matter. Also thought I'd read elsewhere that if the car was displaying Euro Plates the trailer had to (my trailers don't and car does!).
So I'm going to assume I read the RYA document. And I'm going to then guess it should say "The trailer registration number plate must be identical in shape, colour and characteristics required for the plate of the towing vehicle."
My reason for saying that is that the Display Regs read like the car doesn't need a rear plate if its towing and the C&Us dont seem to mention number plates.
So what you are saying is you were wrong in your earlier assertion?

Obviously if the RYA is giving out duff information its members might want to draw it to their attention, or at least challenge them to show where the law states it.