Old 03 January 2012, 01:49   #11

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: snagglepuss
Make: Shetland
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90 hp Outboard
Hi

the caravan forums have lots on this, or did a year ago. The flywheel is prone to breaking and mine did along with loosing oil from the clutch i.e. when you put your foot on the clutch is stays down and pisses oil like I have never seen before. oh and this was not even when I was towing. this happened about 2 weeks after towing a shetland blackhawk.

oh to replace the flywheel the clutch must come out so depending on your miles this might as well be done at the same time.

I then had to get the car towed to a local garage as the relay on the aa would have have taken 5 swop overs. lucky for me I was not far from a pals in England but it took 4 days for the car to be fixed and 850 cash!

as I said above there are more details and better info on the towing and caravan forums

Dave

Old 03 January 2012, 11:14   #12

Town: Herne Bay
Boat name: Red May
Make: Zodiac
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp Honda 4 Stroke
MMSI: Is quite long
Send a message via Skype™ to actions
Well i've ordered a westfaila detachable towbar from Pf Jones and the basic electrics having had some brillaint wiring advice from trailerguy, saving me buying the expensive electric pack for no reason.

Clydeoutboards - Thanks for the heads up. Ive done a load of searching and found some issues but also a lot of positives for the Mondeo. Luck of the draw i'm thinking. My old car had to have a new clutch due to towing, so i guess no car is perfect. Fingers crossed and if it happens i'll deal with it. its only got 50k on the clock so its not been used that much.