Engine: Yamaha F80
RIBase
I bet they are strong!

Old 17 September 2012, 13:36   #132

Town: Solent
Make: Phantom 21
Length: 5m +
Engine: Mariner 200hp V6
I have to say guys, this is one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on rib.net!!

Jeepster, I think you need to have a good hard look at yourself in the cold light of day. Have a read back over this entire thread with an as unbiased view as possible.....I think you might be embarrassed at quite how awful a picture of yourself you've painted here.

At the end of the day, look at the photos you posted yourself. The longitudinals are clearly under stress! You might expect that kind of deflection momentarily over speed bumps or pot holes.....but definitely not while stationary!! Bottom line is that that trailer is properly under engineered and as a result properly unsafe!! I don't expect any of this to sink in as none of the previous 131 posts seem to have done, but I just hope this thing never makes it to the roads!

Could you do us all a favour: just drop a thread on here before you leave the house with your trailer in tow so we have a chance to get off the roads!!

P.s - unemployed for over a year you say? Shouldn't you spend less time bodging trailers and more time trying to find a feckin' job!!

Old 17 September 2012, 14:59   #133
RIBnet supporter

Town: Belfast
Boat name: Cait
Make: Humber
Engine: 90hp Opti
RIBase
Guys , guys, guys ... this fella is priceless. Go read some of the stuff he says about his plan to cross the Channel! (http://www.ybw.com/forums/showthread...light=jeepster) According to him you don't need a radio, plotter, charts, flares or radar reflector. AND he will make it with a 9.9hp engine in 2.5 hours on 5 gall of petrol!

Jeepster, just take the damn thing out on the road. Make sure you have plenty of insurance though. Cause if your boat hits me falling off that trailer I'm going to sue you for so much it might buy me a new Redbay!

Oh and by the way, the main proof of evidence against you will be this thread. You have been warned till it is coming out of your ears and you don't give a toss. So go ahead. I hope some poor person isn't killed but I sure hope they take you to court.

Besides all this I think this guy is a wind-up merchant. I mean can you be that stupid? Seriously??
Old 17 September 2012, 16:17   #134

Town: Solent
Make: Phantom 21
Engine: Mariner 200hp V6
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is brilliant! In the thread that tonymac posted the link for above, when contemplating crossing the channel in Jeepster, one poster replies with:

"The safest way would be put the boat on a trailer, all jump in the tow car and and go on the ferry." - NO F*****G WAY!!

Seriously mate, take a look at yourself. I wasn't just jumping on the band wagon with the comments in my earlier post, there are some seriously experienced posters on rib.net and their advice is reliable and well meant.

#likealambtotheslaughter.
Old 17 September 2012, 16:31   #135

Town: southampton
Length: 4m +
Old jeepster has certaily been through some trailers in it's time!
this must be the yank one refurred to in the OP.
would have been quicker and cheeper to buy a better tow car me thinks...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bymuu9qegkkgrhqviuew5v9.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	72266  
Old 17 September 2012, 19:57   #136

Town: London
Boat name: Jeepster
Make: Marina 16 GT
Engine: Outboard, Petrol, 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonny2488 View Post
I have to say guys, this is one of the most entertaining threads I've ever read on rib.net!!
Then you really should get out more!

Quote:
Jeepster, I think you need to have a good hard look at yourself in the cold light of day. Have a read back over this entire thread with an as unbiased view as possible.....I think you might be embarrassed at quite how awful a picture of yourself you've painted here.!!
Perhaps YOU should go back and read all the patronising and insulting comments thrown my way, even AFTER I proved Simon did not have a clue what he was talking about, because his MITcalc model was all wrong and did not reflect the actual loadings on my trailer, as my MITcalc model did.

Quote:
At the end of the day, look at the photos you posted yourself. The longitudinals are clearly under stress! You might expect that kind of deflection momentarily over speed bumps or pot holes.....but definitely not while stationary!! Bottom line is that that trailer is properly under engineered and as a result properly unsafe!!

Then by all means let Indespension Trailers know of your concerns so they can issue a general recall of every Roller Coaster 1.3HE trailer they have ever sold!
My trailer uses exectly the same materials and has the same capacity as the Indespension Roller Coaster 1.3HE...If its good enough for them, its good enough for me!
ROLLER COASTER 1.3HE | Roller Coaster | Marine | Leisure | Trailer Range | Indespension

Quote:
I don't expect any of this to sink in as none of the previous 131 posts seem to have done, but I just hope this thing never makes it to the roads!
On no!...Hundreds of Roller coaster 1.3HE trailers are already on the road!! ...AAAAAAAARRRGGGH!!!!
Old 17 September 2012, 20:04   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
Guys , guys, guys ... this fella is priceless. Go read some of the stuff he says about his plan to cross the Channel! (17 foot boat across the channel...Possible? - Yachting and Boating World Forums) According to him you don't need a radio, plotter, charts, flares or radar reflector. AND he will make it with a 9.9hp engine in 2.5 hours on 5 gall of petrol!

Jeepster, just take the damn thing out on the road. Make sure you have plenty of insurance though. Cause if your boat hits me falling off that trailer I'm going to sue you for so much it might buy me a new Redbay!

Oh and by the way, the main proof of evidence against you will be this thread. You have been warned till it is coming out of your ears and you don't give a toss. So go ahead. I hope some poor person isn't killed but I sure hope they take you to court.

Besides all this I think this guy is a wind-up merchant. I mean can you be that stupid? Seriously??
No, because I'm not Irish!
Old 17 September 2012, 20:08   #138
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
RIBase
I know someone like Jeepster. He absolutely WON'T be wrong, no matter how much of a tit he makes of himself.

This is his current project. I've tried to tell him, but he's convinced it'll be a viable tender.

Reckon it'd make it to France?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	jetsigull.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	72271  

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 September 2012, 20:18   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymac View Post
Guys , guys, guys ... this fella is priceless. Go read some of the stuff he says about his plan to cross the Channel! (17 foot boat across the channel...Possible? - Yachting and Boating World Forums) According to him you don't need a radio, plotter, charts, flares or radar reflector. AND he will make it with a 9.9hp engine in 2.5 hours on 5 gall of petrol!
You obviously have problems with reading things in context, or perhaps reading, period?...I never said I would make it with a 9.9hp, I was simply asking whether anyone thought it was possible to do it with a 9.9hp...And you will note that most of those that initially thought it was a ludicrous idea changed their mind after I showed them a picture of jeepster and they realised it wasn't some tiny rowing boat!.
Old 17 September 2012, 20:58   #140

Town: West Wales
Make: Vipermax 5.8, SR4.7
Engine: 150 Opti, F50EFi
Back to the trailer, your design is more akin to the Indespension RC3:

ROLLER COASTER 3 | Roller Coaster | Marine | Leisure | Trailer Range | Indespension

Indespension state this has an unladen weight of 325kg, so I expect yours would weigh roughly the same, perhaps more, as it appears to have more steelwork at the front end. Have you weighed your trailer without the boat on it?