Old 13 April 2015, 03:22   #1

Make: zodiac hurricane
Length: 10m +
Engine: twin 175hp suzuki
Zodiac Hurricane 733 - SOLD!

1999 BLACK Zodiac Hurricane 733 for sale. Everything on boat is new. This is NOT a refurbished boat. Boat was completely re-built from transom forward. All stringers new, transom new. All aluminum consoles, seats, outboard pod etc NEW. All wiring, electronics ( Raymarine colour including digital 2KW radar, chart plotter depth finder with thru hull transducer) New hydraulic steering, brand NEW ZODIAC HURRICANE tube set. New upholstery and foam, new storage covers for seating, new fuel tanks, new fuel tank senders, new fuel hoses from fill to engines, new valving on fuel system, two fuel tanks total amount 160 gallons, new twin batteries, new lights, new gauges, new engine controls, TWIN 2010 Suzuki 175hp four stroke outboards with NEW power heads ( Currently 12hours of run time) all professionally installed by Suzuki dealer. All fiberglass work done at approved fibreglass shop and viewed periodically by marine surveyor as build progressed. Tri-axle aluminum trailer with new brakes and bearings with spare wheel. Other than buying new, you will NOT find a better, cleaner, Zodiac Hurricane 733. Build including engines tubes, trailer and everything mentioned cost in excess of $92,000.00. You won't be disappointed if you want a great sound basically new boat for a great deal

Asking $65,000.00 CAD$$ or best offer. Approx $48500.00 USA funds OBO
Can help with shipping.

Have many pics if needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1678.jpg
Views:	2502
Size:	214.4 KB
ID:	104410   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1192.jpg
Views:	1595
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	104411   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1659.jpg
Views:	913
Size:	193.9 KB
ID:	104412   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1663.jpg
Views:	742
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	104413   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1664.jpg
Views:	778
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	104414  

Old 13 April 2015, 13:05   #2
zip

Town: Pacific Beach
Boat name: Dash II
Make: Willard
Length: 7m +
Engine: Cummins
Very nice boat.
Good luck with your sale.
Old 13 April 2015, 15:56   #3

Town: Québec
Length: no boat
Very nice boat.

Exactly what I am looking for but just the wrong timing
Can you put it up for sale next year around the same time? Sorry, Wishful thinking!

Good luck with your sale.
Old 14 April 2015, 13:27   #4
zip

I was under the impression that the max rated HP for a 733 was 300. I'm not sure if that is because of weight or any possible performance limitations.
If my understanding of the HP rating is correct, were you able to go with the higher HP engines because they might weigh less?

I would imagine this is a 50MPH plus boat. Any idea what your top speed has been, and what your fuel consumption ratio is?

Once again, very pretty boat.
Old 14 April 2015, 17:18   #5

175hp and 150hp are the same block and weight. Made sense to go with the 175hp as have used in the past. Tuff to find engine for that reason. Top speed with 3 on board and 160 gal of fuel is 58mph. Average burn per hour is 8gph combined. Don't hold me to that but from my best recollection.

Thanks,
Old 14 April 2015, 19:07   #6
zip

got it. thanks.
Old 14 April 2015, 19:33   #7

Where is the boat located? Thanks
Old 15 April 2015, 04:27   #8

Vancouver Island

Thanks
Old 15 April 2015, 05:50   #9

Why are you selling after all of that work? Where on Vancouver Island are you located? Thanks
Old 16 April 2015, 10:38   #10

Zodiac Hurricane 733 For sale

Forgive the laziness, but are you familiar with registration/laws in bringing the boat into California? Beautiful build, any other photos available of the seating/cockpit/helm?
Thank you.
B-
Berti dot levy@yahoo dot com
Old 16 April 2015, 12:18   #11
zip

B,

http://www.rib.net/forum/f45/whats-i...-us-67472.html
Old 16 April 2015, 12:59   #12

Town: San Diego
Make: Zodiac 733
Engine: Twin 150 Mercury
Sweet Hurricane. Love the all black.

Import it using a business name and don't pay Canada's crazy 14% hst tax. Just went through the process if anyone wants insight.

I'm pretty sure the Data plate says max 300 hp. From my experience that's not negotiable with the coast guard. They can confiscate overpowered boats; just like having too many people on board.

If anyone knows the answer, please clarify. I'm a huge Etec and Suzuki fan and would love bump up the horsepower based on outboard weight.
Old 16 April 2015, 14:31   #13
zip

Maybe 350 Canadian equals 300 US?

They got that Metric system up there, Ya know.
Old 17 April 2015, 05:39   #14

I'd like to see it, I live on Vancouver Island. Can we meet up?
Old 18 April 2015, 06:13   #15

Town: Victoria
Boat name: T 63
Make: zodiac 590 cuddy
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIB4SALE.COM View Post
Sweet Hurricane. Love the all black.

Import it using a business name and don't pay Canada's crazy 14% hst tax. Just went through the process if anyone wants insight.

I'm pretty sure the Data plate says max 300 hp. From my experience that's not negotiable with the coast guard. They can confiscate overpowered boats; just like having too many people on board.

If anyone knows the answer, please clarify. I'm a huge Etec and Suzuki fan and would love bump up the horsepower based on outboard weight.
The HST is only applicable when bringing a boat INTO Canada not exported. If you are bringing it into the US you must pay the State tax in that state that you are registering it in and also the custom duty which I believe is 3.5% for inflatables.

If you exceed the horsepower rating of the boat you may be in violation of your state law , in Canada it is up to the discretion of Transport Canada to decide whether your vessel is overpowered . Usually they allow a 20% overage for twin outboards vs a single. The US Coast Guard is not so forgiving. (140 cowlings are the same size as a 175 on Suzuki , just sayin)

This is a nice rig , and looks like a great deal!

beemer
Old 18 April 2015, 17:08   #16

Town: wiltshire
Boat name: cool running
Make: humber
Engine: 250
zodiac

Hi
We are very interested in the rib , we are looking at shipping companies to get prices , We are over to port Clinton ohio visiting family next month and I would hope to get a flight up to see you if that's ok ,I will keep in touch
Thanks Nige
Old 19 April 2015, 04:47   #17

Town: Oakland CA
Length: 3m +
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
The HST is only applicable when bringing a boat INTO Canada not exported. If you are bringing it into the US you must pay the State tax in that state that you are registering it in and also the custom duty which I believe is 3.5% for inflatables.
When I bought my RIB, the builder wrote the receipt for the tubes and hull. Everything else (motor, fuel tank, arch, etc) went on a separate bill as "Accessories". Saved me a ton on CA sales tax.

Quote:
If you exceed the horsepower rating of the boat you may be in violation of your state law , in Canada it is up to the discretion of Transport Canada to decide whether your vessel is overpowered .
As far as I'm aware, neither the USCG nor the California DMV really care about this. I've certainly never heard of a case occurring. Insurance is a different matter, though, and I'd be really careful to verify that they are aware of the limit and the motor when they issue the policy.

jky
Old 19 April 2015, 05:39   #18

Town: Victoria
Boat name: T 63
Make: zodiac 590 cuddy
Length: 6m +
Engine: Suzuki 175
Perhaps we should start another thread regarding the rather simple process of exporting a RIB from Canada to the US. Posters seem to be mixing apples and oranges.

beemer
Old 21 April 2015, 04:35   #19

Town: Mobile
Make: Zodiac H733
Engine: Twin 200hp OB
As beemer mentioned. Exporting from Canada isn't that complicated. If you are from the US, and you are transporting the boat yourself into the US, you simply show the proper sales paperwork(bill of sale, signed over title, etc) at the border and go over into the US. Tax is paid when you register the boat stateside. If you are having it shipped then there is a bit more to the process but still not complicated.

As far as power.... I have run a 733 that wore twin 200hp OB(set up for Law Enforcement) and it handled like a dream, 130gal fuel, 3 on board, 4 blade props and it would run in the 55-60 range........ many of the inboards are over 300hp
Old 21 April 2015, 12:19   #20
zip

Beemer,

I did start a thread on the import process from Canada to US.

I also contacted the USCG regarding the max hp rating for boats. I talked with a couple of different CG people who didn't seem very concerned about recreational use, but said it could be an issue if used commercially, and an accident happened.

I didn't really try to dig very deep in to what the actual laws are.

Once again, beautiful boat.

Tags
zodiac