Old 21 September 2009, 05:52   #1

Make: mercury pro rib
Length: 7m +
mercury dr620/w mercury 150opti

mercury dr 620 grey on grey, stainless radar arch, console, drop down bolster seats, rigged with optimax 150hp and trailer
Old 27 September 2009, 16:01   #2

Town: Vancouver, BC Canada
Boat name: Black Ops
Make: Zodiac Hurricane 733
Engine: OceanPro 150hp x 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrenaln View Post
mercury dr 620 grey on grey, stainless radar arch, console, drop down bolster seats, rigged with optimax 150hp and trailer
Where are you? Price? Your ads are pointless.
Old 21 October 2009, 04:37   #3

see if there was interest

www.rodspowermarine.com tofino bc call for pricing toll free 1-877-925-3735, the ads arent pointless, the were only to put out there what we had in inventory for sale. if someone was serious, they can call or email me at any time for more information and pictures!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06558_resize.JPG
Views:	355
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	46949   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06562_resize.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	46950   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06572_resize.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	46951   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06561_resize.JPG
Views:	313
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	46952  
Old 22 October 2009, 02:46   #4

Quote:
www.rodspowermarine.com tofino bc call for pricing toll free 1-877-925-3735, the ads arent pointless, the were only to put out there what we had in inventory for sale. if someone was serious, they can call or email me at any time for more information and pictures!
Yes they were pointless...until your last post there was no contact info, and no info as to where you were. You're only 50 miles from me. Now I know.
Old 22 October 2009, 03:07   #5

Town: British Columbia
Make: Gemini
Length: 4m +
Engine: 40hp 2 str
It would still be a good idea to put up some proper pictures. In other words, load them onto photobucket then link the images with that mountain icon in the reply menu. That way I don't have to find a magnifying glass and hold it up to the computer screen to see what you are advertising.

Secondly, while a serious buyer might call for pricing, IMO, a serious seller will post up his prices with the ad. When sellers say "call for pricing" it suggests that they have no firm price in mind, but will try to get whatever they possibly can out of someone. I'm sure alot of potential buyers with the funds ready to go are simply turned off by the "call for pricing" schtick. Just my opinion as a sales professional, for what it's worth.
Old 22 October 2009, 05:46   #6

really guys?

We are one of the largest distributors of Mercury Pro Ribs in Canada, and apparently if you are correct, all the people with money are afraid to call and ask for pricing?? really? funny usually when people call for pricing (and the main reason we ask them to) is not to "get as much money for them as we can" but to ascertain what their needs are ie: what configuration as in seating/console/accessories, power options (please note that we do offer more than one option for each boat such as this one can have a Verado or Optimax engine (that is 2 stroke or 4 stroke) and multiple sizes of engines based on the customers needs. ie: for diving/rescue/military/patrol/commercial/pleasure also note we do sell a great number of these units to commercial customers and they get a different pricing schedule also if people want to lease one of the units or just the power, they get different pricing. and so on.......

as well as whether they need a trailer or not, whether or not they want electronics on board as part of the package. some people want hydraulic steering/some want cable. etc.

but if you guys really honestly believe that people wont look into our boats unless we have exact pricing and jumbo pics on here..................................well you will have it by the weekend for the 2 boats I have on here.

pss: the orange dr620 with 150optimax is sold now with trailer and full northstar electronics as well as mercury vesselview computer engine management systems and ez loader trailer. was sold to a customer that saw the initial ad on here when he googled the boat.

which one of you guys is seriously interested in this boat? are you ready to purchase now? just reply to this or email me and I can send you all the specs sheets on any of our boats we have in stock as well as full base pricing on any of them. or if you want I can post all of our pricing on line here so you can compare...................let me know thanks
http://www.rodspowermarine.com/rib.htm
http://www.rodspowermarine.com/DR620.htm
http://www.rodspowermarine.com/DR450.htm
Old 22 October 2009, 05:50   #7

contact info

Darren
Service/Sales Manager
Alberni Industrial Marine Supply Ltd.
3149 Kingsway Street
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 3B2

1-866-724-0066 toll free
250-724-5766 store
250-724-4054 fax
www.alberniindustrialmarine.com
www.rodspowermarine.com
http://www.mercuryrib.com/
Old 22 October 2009, 06:19   #8

Quote:
Darren
Service/Sales Manager
Alberni Industrial Marine Supply Ltd.
3149 Kingsway Street
Port Alberni, BC V9Y 3B2

1-866-724-0066 toll free
250-724-5766 store
250-724-4054 fax
www.alberniindustrialmarine.com
www.rodspowermarine.com
http://www.mercuryrib.com/

Thank you! The website looks excellent.
Old 22 October 2009, 07:16   #9

thanks

I really would love any other ideas/criticism/suggestions as to how to market these boats and how to improve the way we are advertising them. Is there any other information that someone looking for a rib needs to know or wants to know for comparison or interest?
Old 22 October 2009, 13:39   #10

What can you tell us about the construction of the Mercury Ribs? Are both fiberglass & aluminum hulls available? How are the fiberglass hulls formed? How are the fittings such as seats, consoles & arches anchored into the hull? What type of fabric & what fabric weight/thickness is used for the tubes? What tube diameters are used on the various lengths of RIBs? There are a few high-end RIB manufacturers based on the West Coast, so info such as this is important to analytical potential buyers who are considering a RIB purchase (as well as base price ranges).

While I'm not currently looking for a new inflatable (since I purchased a new one 2 summers ago), the whole starting point for me was scouring the internet. The more info on a potential model I was able to obtain over the net, the more likely it was to be included on the short list of about 6-7 dealers that I phoned. Based on the info from the internet & phone calls, I had narrowed things down to 6 models from about 4 different manufacturers. From that point, I made appointments to see the 4 dealers/manufacturers of these boats & flew out to Vancouver to view & sea trial those different models. That trip involved stops in Langley, Delta, Sidney, Parksville and, yes, Tofino (though Tofino was just for the fun of it while I was out there). All that effort on my part was for a mere $10,000 purchase (on a foldable inflatable hull), but I wanted to be certain that I got it right (and I did).

The point of my story is that the more info about a given boat that is readily available, the greater the possibility of that boat going onto a potential buyers short list. I would guess that if a potential private purchaser is ready to lay out there own money on a fully rigged RIB (easily 5 - 20 x the amount that I spent for my bare SIB hull) they would want to be as informed as possible before they even start making phone calls. If the potential buyer is a bureaucrat in some government Dept., the level diligence prior to spending our tax dollars may vary.
Old 23 October 2009, 03:19   #11

really

I am seriously interested in buying a rib and have looked at merc pro-ribs before. I've also been in contact with the Seattle dealer.

I had no idea you existed...

Maybe this is why http://www.mercurymarina.com/pages-a...nflatables.php

They claim to be the "official pro-rib dealer on Vancouver Island"

Don't get them in a twist...just calling it like I see it. I didn't know if you were in Florida or Toronto in those ads... why would I contact someone 3000 miles away?