Old 07 July 2010, 20:20   #1

Town: San Francisco
Make: avon searider
Length: 5m +
Engine: 85 hp
AVON SEARIDER 5.4M near San Francisco

I am about to post my 4 seat, 5.4M Avon Searider on E-bay, but I thought I would list it here to see if anyone would like to make a reasonable offer before it is posted.

I purchased this boat new in San Diego sometime in the mid 90’s (cant remember exactly when). I used the boat in Southern California and again in the Bay area when I moved to San Francisco. It has always been kept in a garage (on an EZ Loader 2 wheel trailer) when not on the water. It’s the 4 seat model, in (I would say) good condition. The tubes don’t leak any air and are also in good condition. It comes with a Suzuki 85HP 2-stroke main engine plus a 4HP Yamaha auxiliary engine. It is fitted with a 2830 Loran/Fish finder with whip antenna and a bilge pump. I also have two fiberglass 12 gallon gas tanks plus the steel Suzuki 5 gallon tank that came with the main engine. Also included are the Avon pump/bellows, spare prop for the Yamaha and the original Avon repair kit.

As I am getting out of boating completely (at least for the present), I will include two anchors (one Danforth and one mushroom) and the life jackets and flares. It comes complete with all of the books and manuals for the engines, boat and trailer plus a service manual for the Suzuki 85HP engine. There are also engine flush attachments for both engines.

What is needed to get the boat on the water ?

I have not used the boat for over a year now and the last time I used it I removed all of the plugs and gave both engines a healthy dose of “marine engine store”. You will need to buy a new battery, replace the plugs in both engines and flush the fuel system. I would probably also change the gearcase oil in both engines. You will also need one of those rubber bulbs that initially pump the fuel before starting the engine as the one I have is hard and cannot prime the engine at all.

If you have questions, would like to make a reasonable offer or would like some more detailed pictures, contact me at cockney.mike@gmail.com
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1652.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	52578   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1653.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	52579   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1654.jpg
Views:	313