Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 19 January 2013, 17:12   #81
Member
 
mister p's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: LONDON
Make: SR4/ZODIAC/3D
Length: 4m +
Engine: 30T/40T
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,433
The reason sales are up is because China is buying LandRovers because they're British......Not because they're any good.
Does anybody wear a Barbour or Belstaff wax cotton when on the water?
__________________

__________________
mister p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 17:19   #82
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknrolla View Post
I had a maxi
My dad loved them ... his fave colour was mustard yellow ... it went with his flares .. dude how old are you ?
__________________

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 18:11   #83
Member
 
jumpinjack's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Derry/Southampton
Boat name: Jumpin Jack
Make: Redbay
Length: 6m +
Engine: Mercury 200 Opti
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 409
Saw this a while back, a pissed off owner had his car stickered up and parked outside the dealers!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2014699258.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	75702
__________________
jumpinjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 19:08   #84
Member
 
HUMBER P4VWL's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: N Wales Chester
Boat name: Mr Smith
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 5,013
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbryson75 View Post
Saw this a while back, a pissed off owner had his car stickered up and parked outside the dealers!
Now that's great!
__________________
HUMBER P4VWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 19:25   #85
Member
 
kerny's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Ashton-under-Lyne Lancs
Boat name: IMOGEN
Make: Air-Craft 5.4
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 60
MMSI: 235087492
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 7,040
RIBase
Send a message via Skype™ to kerny
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMBER P4VWL View Post
Now that's great!
Seconded
__________________
Member of S.A.B.S. (Lancashire Division)
kerny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 19:56   #86
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister p View Post
The reason sales are up is because China is buying LandRovers because they're British...
Yeah, yeah, yeah.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2013, 20:31   #87
Member
 
tonto's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Zummerset
Boat name: irven arlyss
Make: Humber Oceanpro
Length: 6m +
Engine: evinrude 135hp
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 394
Most of the people who are against the Landy badge, Appear not to own one, and by some comments have not owned one for some time, so do not really appreciate that they are basically a reasonable good vehicle, and the problems in the past have gone a long way to being solved.

How many of them would buy a Skoda I wonder (Or Volkswagon?)

The added advantage of the defender (indeed many models) is that they are relatively easy to work on, and not too complex, and many people with a few tools and common sense can do most of the servicing work themselves. plus there are many forums for people to ask help and advice on routine servicing/maintenence.

At least i am supporting a British made vehicle. The parent company may not be British, but the factory, workers and jobs are, and I am proud to support them, just as I am proud to drive a British made rib.
__________________
tonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2013, 02:43   #88
Member
 
Leapy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Sheepy Parva
Boat name: Sadly Sold
Length: no boat
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister p View Post
The reason sales are up is because China is buying LandRovers because they're British......Not because they're any good.
Does anybody wear a Barbour or Belstaff wax cotton when on the water?
Your insight on LR is phenomenal. As in, off the scale.

Following this through then, have you advised LR as to when the bubble is going to burst? Only, they're investing billions in new models, building a new assembly plant over there and employing another 800 staff at Solihull as we speak. It'd be such a waste if it all went tits up overnight as you predict.

Barbour's and Belstaff's? Much too clever for me, son. Having got a f***ing clue what you're talking about.

PS: I'm offering you two pints now. One for your help with my serious condition of where-am-I-going-wrong-as-a-happy-LR-customer and another whilst you share your broader LR insight with me so I can earn a big fat consultancy fee from them. Hope to hear from soon
__________________
Leapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2013, 04:49   #89
Member
 
Bigmuz7's Avatar
 
Country: UK - Scotland
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,068


Working on range rover sport - PassionFord

__________________
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2013, 05:09   #90
Member
 
Anchorhandler's Avatar
 
Country: France
Town: Huisnes sur Mer
Boat name: Raufoss
Make: Avon
Length: 4m +
Engine: Mercury 50
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 789
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonto View Post
Most of the people who are against the Landy badge, Appear not to own one, and by some comments have not owned one for some time, so do not really appreciate that they are basically a reasonable good vehicle, and the problems in the past have gone a long way to being solved.

How many of them would buy a Skoda I wonder (Or Volkswagon?)

The added advantage of the defender (indeed many models) is that they are relatively easy to work on, and not too complex, and many people with a few tools and common sense can do most of the servicing work themselves. plus there are many forums for people to ask help and advice on routine servicing/maintenence.

At least i am supporting a British made vehicle. The parent company may not be British, but the factory, workers and jobs are, and I am proud to support them, just as I am proud to drive a British made rib.
True and yes i admit to being guilty of this.... Although i have owned many LR's, the last one we bought was a 2004 D2 back in 2006.

I trust Parkers review of any vehicle i consider purchasing and they sem quite complimentary of the D3/4.....

New Land Rover Discovery (04 on) Car Review - Safety & Reliability | Parkers

Time for me to drop my prejudices perhaps?....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Leapy View Post
Your insight on LR is phenomenal. As in, off the scale.

Following this through then, have you advised LR as to when the bubble is going to burst? Only, they're investing billions in new models, building a new assembly plant over there and employing another 800 staff at Solihull as we speak. It'd be such a waste if it all went tits up overnight as you predict.

Barbour's and Belstaff's? Much too clever for me, son. Having got a f***ing clue what you're talking about.

PS: I'm offering you two pints now. One for your help with my serious condition of where-am-I-going-wrong-as-a-happy-LR-customer and another whilst you share your broader LR insight with me so I can earn a big fat consultancy fee from them. Hope to hear from soon
Jeez Leapy.....Perhaps a touch of sarcasm may help you better convey your point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
Let's face it, The Discovery started out as a BL parts bin exercise. LR is a whole different beast now.
yep, as quoted by Parker's in their review...

The Defender review on Autocar is another story though....

Simon
__________________

__________________
C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer, c'est la mer qui prend l'homme....
Anchorhandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 00:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.