Old 25 March 2010, 18:26   #11
Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
Originally Posted by 250kts View Post
but got very frustrated at picking up a fine and points for 43mph in a 40 limit, six months later got the same for 54, in a 50 limit.
That should easily be challengeable in a court .. most cameras are set to 10mph over the limit to guarantee a conviction IMO anything less can be argued by a defence the that your speedo is not accurate enough to tell you exactly what speed you are doing as most cars arent , because the law does not require it to be calibrated like a tachograph in the police car ,or LGV, for example..... just my humble opinion or were you in an LGV ?

edit .. give you another example .. you fit larger tyres on your car than what it was built for .. your speedo will be out again

Member of S.A.B.S. (Scottish Hebridean, central,west,east,north,everywhere Division)
Bigmuz7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 March 2010, 19:23   #12
Town: Near Godalming
Boat name: AJA
Make: Ribeye
Length: 6m +
Engine: Yamaha F150AETX
Originally Posted by tcwozere View Post
Its only as accurate as Blackspot wish to make it.. Having been zapped whilst travelling around the M25 when they were widening it for the T5 junction, I phoned Blackspot asking them when they checked for new camera's to update their database, 'once a month, or when we can get around to it' was the reply.. If your relying on Road Angel to be upto the minute accurate, stick to the speed limit to be on the safe side.. It also cannot detect mobile speed cameras when they get you from behind..
The new system updates to the device via GSM, updates are automatic every few seconds as you drive - so it should be moderately accurate I would have thought. I've used one and it was far better than the portable radar/laser detectors I have. Quite legal too.

I would add that the laser jammers will cause the Police to have a major sense of humour failure - you would need to be very careful fitting these.

neilda is offline   Reply With Quote