Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 16 August 2007, 07:38   #21
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon View Post
so not only are all your cars more reliable, faster, more powerful, dont need new brakes, tyres last forever, quieter and more economical, they are so good they dont even need cambelt changes!!!!

next you will be telling us they dont even need oil changes as its as clean as the day it was put in!

i would have guessed that it is worth changing the cambelt asap as a broken cambelt could kill the engine and the scrap the car, then it is no good as a spare.......tell me i am wrong

you really do take the biscuit
Since when did I say any of the other stuff???

I change the oil at about 12,000 - baby an engine until it's warm and never switch off until the engine has reached operating temp. Also take longer running in than normal.

As to tyres when i was hiring cars all the time the front tyres on Vectras were lasting me 3,000 miles!!! Not wheelspinning but scrub going around corners.

The schduled cam belt change on the Rover is one of the longest I have come across. On some cars it needs to be done every 30,000 miles. Obviously it's worth doing but it has got to the stage on the Rover where it's not worth spending say 300 on a car that's prob only worth 900. Thye car is only kept as a last resort backup but I am loath to get rid of it becuase it's actually nice to drive.

Nice logical answers for you unlike your questions....................
__________________

__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 11:53   #22
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: East Coast
Make: Chaudron 33
Length: 6m +
Engine: Black uns
MMSI: dunno wot this iz
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Since when did I say any of the other stuff???

I change the oil at about 12,000 - baby an engine until it's warm and never switch off until the engine has reached operating temp. Also take longer running in than normal.

As to tyres when i was hiring cars all the time the front tyres on Vectras were lasting me 3,000 miles!!! Not wheelspinning but scrub going around corners.

The schduled cam belt change on the Rover is one of the longest I have come across. On some cars it needs to be done every 30,000 miles. Obviously it's worth doing but it has got to the stage on the Rover where it's not worth spending say 300 on a car that's prob only worth 900. Thye car is only kept as a last resort backup but I am loath to get rid of it becuase it's actually nice to drive.

Nice logical answers for you unlike your questions....................
Your right with the oil change, i always flush before new oil with new filter,
i've rebuilt many diesels in the past for others, and they are always fortunes for parts what ever the model.
Heads seem our most common repair for diesels.!!
__________________

__________________
blinddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 15:17   #23
RJH
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 169
[QUOTE=NautiAndNice;214532]
Hmm... am a little closer to this since sunset last night ... as boyfriend upgraded me from "Girlfriend of 7 years" to "Fiancee". May need to delete my previous comments about him being on the sensible/conservative side, given the size of the diamond!!


Congratulations to you both - I expect to see you starting a new thread soon about 'weddings on the water'

Look forward to meeting you both properly on Sunday

Cleone (& Roger)
__________________
RJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 15:44   #24
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Congrats Nauti!

Might be worth trying the 1900 diesel Mercedes A-class. Fast, cheap to run and quite a bit more room inside than they look like they should have.

Added bonus if you're used to a Navarra is the high up driving position.
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 16:52   #25
exspyrd trayd membir
 
The Garfish's Avatar
 
Country: Ireland
Town: inn wiliks hed
Make: Redbay 6.5
Length: 6m +
Engine: Twin Etec 90hp
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiAndNice View Post
So, suggestions please
brewmstikk.


Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiAndNice View Post
given the size of the diamond!!
yus. hee bort itt ofn mee. i towld im itt waz de ko ee nor. ifn eny nobbur iz vizitin de towir ov lundun pleez ignaw de bitt missin fromm de corownashun crowen


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookee View Post
Having had a girlfriend on the Island and visited every year
dats de trubbul wiv dem iyland gerls. wunce a yeer iz kwite enuf fank yew


Quote:
Originally Posted by Downhilldai View Post
What's one of them?
possh naim forr a mowbile massarj servis

gaRf
__________________
luk arfter numbir wan, downt stepp inn numbir too
The Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 17:28   #26
Member
 
Country: UK - Wales
Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 12,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Congrats Nauti!

Might be worth trying the 1900 diesel Mercedes A-class. Fast, cheap to run and quite a bit more room inside than they look like they should have.

Added bonus if you're used to a Navarra is the high up driving position.
Just watch out for Elks................
__________________
codprawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 19:07   #27
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Niam-ho
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki DF250
MMSI: 235040417
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
Just watch out for Elks................
Hmm - close to the mark there Codders ... had an interesting encounter with a Somerset deer recently
__________________
Girls like RIBs too!
NautiAndNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 August 2007, 19:17   #28
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Niam-ho
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki DF250
MMSI: 235040417
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Garfish View Post

possh naim forr a mowbile massarj servis
Cheeky git
__________________
Girls like RIBs too!
NautiAndNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2007, 02:55   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: ramsgate
Boat name: Micki Dee Bee
Make: Ribcraft Seasafari
Length: 9m +
Engine: Twin 250hp Suzuki
MMSI: 235057235
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 1,622
Send a message via MSN to Jon Brooks
I recon a Picaso, cheep only about 9999, looks good, handles well and all in all a very classy motor

Also fair play to Mike for trying to make an honest woman of you........my word that is going to take some doing, bloke should get a medal
__________________
Jon Brooks VSMM. Marine Mammal Medic, PBI, SRC Assessor,PWC Instructor.
www.horizonseasafaris.co.uk
Jon Brooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 August 2007, 06:51   #30
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cowes
Boat name: Niam-ho
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: Suzuki DF250
MMSI: 235040417
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Brooks View Post
I recon a Picaso, cheep only about 9999, looks good, handles well and all in all a very classy motor

Also fair play to Mike for trying to make an honest woman of you........my word that is going to take some doing, bloke should get a medal
Now listen TwinkleToes.... just because you did well in that Ramsgate "Hunks in Trunks" competition last night doesn't mean you're allowed be cheeky!
__________________

__________________
Girls like RIBs too!
NautiAndNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.