Old 01 April 2006, 19:49   #21

Town: Cornwall
Make: Waveline
Length: under 3m
Engine: Yamaha 2.5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJL
Yeah - what the f**ks that all about. I know several roundabouts where the lane markings have now been changed so you can turn right in the left lane and can't got straight over in the right lane because there were so many accidents where people in the right lane crossing the roundabout collided with people in the left lane turning right!
???
Old 01 April 2006, 19:56   #22

Town: Glasgow
Boat name: stramash
Make: Tornado
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 90
This is the point, in 22 years of driving this is a first offence, fast cars, towing, and HGV driving I've allways been alert to the road. Yes I'm bitter, and technology has caught me out . I dont care who you are, every one speeds sooner or later, its inevitable. Guesse I should accept that I'm gettin old, hehe, but watch out you guys, lots of us need our license for a living, and its getting easier each day to lose it ((was that ok codders, lose, (hehe)) I pride myself in being aware of the road, its conditions, and the possible prats around me that could land me in it if I wasn't looking over my shoulder, and checking that my next move is ok. So Randski when you get yours, don't say I didn't warn you. And if your one of those who do 20 everywhere , i'm having my headlamps fitted with pop up RPG's
Old 01 April 2006, 20:07   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmuz7
This is the point, in 22 years of driving this is a first offence, fast cars, towing, and HGV driving I've allways been alert to the road. Yes I'm bitter, and technology has caught me out . I dont care who you are, every one speeds sooner or later, its inevitable. Guesse I should accept that I'm gettin old, hehe, but watch out you guys, lots of us need our license for a living, and its getting easier each day to lose it ((was that ok codders, lose, (hehe)) I pride myself in being aware of the road, its conditions, and the possible prats around me that could land me in it if I wasn't looking over my shoulder, and checking that my next move is ok. So Randski when you get yours, don't say I didn't warn you. And if your one of those who do 20 everywhere , i'm having my headlamps fitted with pop up RPG's
Of course everbody speeds but if you're stupid enough to get caught - pay the consequencies.
Bigmuz7, with over 30 years of experience as a HGV/Roadcraft instructor I've never been convicted of speeding so you obviously weren't alert enough

I also drive a very fast (Jap) car
Old 01 April 2006, 20:19   #24

Length: no boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by randski
I also drive a very fast (Jap) car
Oh cheers mate, didn't tell me you'd traded the TOYota
Old 01 April 2006, 20:23   #25

So are you saying a blue van at 200yds .. no markings looks like an obvious speed trap, I dont think so, you'll have your day sir, unless you have been modified by cyberdyne systems your luck is out. I will pay the consequences, I post these issues just to help and serve everyone else who wants to preserve their ticket. This current Government stops at nothing to swell its coffers, and as a responsible road user and company director who ploughs a lot into uk plc I resent dirty underhand tactics to whelch cash from law abiding careful people. If you have read the previous thred on this topic, I believe the camera beamed me 'outside' the zone, but I , nor anyone else can prove that. I am not a speeder, 22 years proves that.
Old 01 April 2006, 20:30   #26

Quote:
So are you saying a blue van at 200yds .. no markings looks like an obvious speed trap, I dont think so, you'll have your day sir, unless you have been modified by cyberdyne systems your luck is out. I will pay the consequences, I post these issues just to help and serve everyone else who wants to preserve their ticket. This current Government stops at nothing to swell its coffers, and as a responsible road user and company director who ploughs a lot into uk plc I resent dirty underhand tactics to whelch cash from law abiding careful people. If you have read the previous thred on this topic, I believe the camera beamed me 'outside' the zone, but I , nor anyone else can prove that. I am not a speeder, 22 years proves that.
If you were caught outside the zone then i really hope that you can go to court and prove itI don't wish anyone to be convicted wrongly. But again, IF you were breaking the speed limit, then take the consequencies.
Old 01 April 2006, 20:33   #27

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by randski
Explain yourself?
I DID - I wanted to know if people are being taught differently now?

I was always told at a roundabout if the exit you wish to take is past the 12 O'Clock mark then it is a right turn and you should indicate right.

I can understand people who are just too lazy to indicate at all but I can't see why so many people are not bothering to indicate right but ALWAYS indicate left to leave!!! It is bad enough on normal roundabouts but on a mini roundabout when some idiot just turns right in fron of you when you thought they were going straight on it's suicidal.
Old 01 April 2006, 20:35   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn
Than from when?
Old 01 April 2006, 20:36   #29

Quote:

I was always told at a roundabout if the exit you wish to take is past the 12 O'Clock mark then it is a right turn and you should indicate right.
You were told right
Old 01 April 2006, 20:48   #30

Quote:

I can understand people who are just too lazy to indicate at all but I can't see why so many people are not bothering to indicate right but ALWAYS indicate left to leave!!! It is bad enough on normal roundabouts but on a mini roundabout when some idiot just turns right in fron of you when you thought they were going straight on it's suicidal.
Too true Codders, they ought to bring out a camera to catch people at it
Old 01 April 2006, 20:50   #31

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
Too true Codders, they ought to bring out a camera to catch people at it
Or even better get rid of the cameras and get more traffic cops back on the roads - and get them to crack down on lane hogs etc - people seem to think we drive on the right these days!!!
Old 01 April 2006, 20:53   #32
Now back to being Mollers!

Town: Arundel
Boat name: Mike Bravo 1
Make: Scorp
Length: 9m +
Engine: Yanmar 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow
Oh cheers mate, didn't tell me you'd traded the TOYota
No, he's still got the Starlet Jeff. I saw him hurtling along the Indian Queens by-pass in it last night. The prob was that, when he flashed his lights at me, all the spots coming on combined with the big stereo put such a draw on the alternator it all but stopped the thing! I saw Sue and Bob nearly nut the windscreen. The Chicken Premier and MacD's strawberry milkshake went everywhere!!
Old 01 April 2006, 21:14   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
No, he's still got the Starlet Jeff. I saw him hurtling along the Indian Queens by-pass in it last night. The prob was that, when he flashed his lights at me, all the spots coming on combined with the big stereo put such a draw on the alternator it all but stopped the thing! I saw Sue and Bob nearly nut the windscreen. The Chicken Premier and MacD's strawberry milkshake went everywhere!!

Yep there's me Beer all over the keyboard!
Old 02 April 2006, 08:00   #34
mdt

Town: fife
Make: Humber / searider
MMSI: ... - - - ...
Quote:
Or even better get rid of the cameras and get more traffic cops back on the roads - and get them to crack down on lane hogs etc - people seem to think we drive on the right these days!!!

You are quite right on this one… the boys in blue can and do make judgement call… I was stopped a few weeks back late at night on the Edinburgh by-pass (yes in the same 50 limit I was done previously by a Van with a camera) I spotted the police car coming up the slip road and I could not be bothered to heave on the anchors and just look guilty etc.

So got pulled over and after a short chat I admitted to doing more than 50 but did not agree with is suggestion that one was over 80mph. but after I pointed out that it was a nice night, and that not one other car had passed us as we stood there chatting. And he agreed that I was hardly being a danger etc. was told to go easy.

So more police less cameras…..
Old 02 April 2006, 09:43   #35

Town: Newquay, Cornwall.
Boat name: None :(
Make: None :(
Engine: None :(
MMSI: None :(
They also have the power to be complete Wan*ers - and in my experience usually are. (but maybe that's just Cornish Police).

I once got pulled in to a road block that had been setup and given a ticket, on the spot fine and a producer for "misuse of fog lights". I didn't even know there was such an offence.

It was run to the sun weekend (hense the roadblock) and they decided to give a local guy in a nearly new hyundai grief whilst allowing all the custom modified (and probably barely legal) cars drive by. Wan*ers - I hate em all !!! - I wish they could all be replaced by machines - at least you know where you stand - and don't become victim of a guy in a bad mood cause his wife didn't shag him the night before etc...
roycruse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02 April 2006, 13:53   #36

Town: Exmouth, Devon
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt
I did it the other week to a guy who flashed me back and gave me a “internationally recognized hand signal” hope he got done.
Yes - you can't do some people a favour.

I was sat behind someone dropping off at the railway station the other day and gave them a quick beep.

He did look rather sheepish when he'd stopped swearing at me and realised what I was pointing at were the keys he'd left in the boot lock.
Old 02 April 2006, 16:06   #37

Town: west sussex
Make: (on order)
Length: 6m +
Engine: not sure
how about this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/north_east/4400866.stm
Old 02 April 2006, 18:44   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by widey

Aye they 'dont like it up up em Sir' Corporal Jonsey style. Truth is between equipment failures, inapropriate useage, and dubious recordings & read outs, councils not putting film in the statics cos they cant afford it, etc , its by and large a lottery whether you get done or not... What a shite way to have to drive in this country, God help any tourist who falls foul of these hap hazard , make em up as you go along rules. If we cant decide where the boundaries are, what chance has anyone. Well thats it no one does. Take your lucky (or should that be square) penny out with you next time just in case (And prey they man on the trigger got his end away the night before) hehe happy motoring
Old 02 April 2006, 19:03   #39
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
God help any tourist who falls foul of these hap hazard , make em up as you go along rules.
Actually since they don't have UK licences they don't get the points, and I know a spaniard with a spannish licence who has been stopped twice send in their licence and cheque etc and get it all sent back after a long delay with a letter saying they were unable to process it!
Old 03 April 2006, 06:46   #40

Well thats the answer , we all need moustaches and a sombrero, with a straw donkey in the back seat and we've cracked it. I'm Miquel btw