Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 18 March 2010, 14:29   #1
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
L200 verses Navara

I am looking to purchase for work either an L200 or Navara, neither unfortunately will be the latest shape.

Will be used for towing, chucking floats in to the back of, ropes and generally tools etc hence looking for a pick-up as supposed another 4x4 type vehicle, so at the end of the day if needs be can hose it out. Budget is circa 6/7k

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about either vehicle from past experience. For looks I prefer the L200. Cheers

Pictures below are purely for showing the model looking at, load covers etc can be added or removed at a later date.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	L200.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	167.2 KB
ID:	49873   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nissan Navara.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	49874  
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 15:01   #2
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Southampton
Boat name: no name yet
Make: Still building it..
Length: 5m +
Engine: 115 hp
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nauti Buoy View Post
I am looking to purchase for work either an L200 or Navara, neither unfortunately will be the latest shape.

Will be used for towing, chucking floats in to the back of, ropes and generally tools etc hence looking for a pick-up as supposed another 4x4 type vehicle, so at the end of the day if needs be can hose it out. Budget is circa 6/7k

Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about either vehicle from past experience. For looks I prefer the L200. Cheers

Pictures below are purely for showing the model looking at, load covers etc can be added or removed at a later date.
I had a Navara pick up from new for 3 years the only complaint I have with them is there very light on the back.
and even lighter in the snow.
__________________

__________________
Sonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 15:37   #3
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: telford
Make: shakespeare
Length: 6m +
Engine: 150 optimax
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 300
l200 check for any sign of hesitation either on starting or when running, sounds like a slight misfire occasionally, its the pump on the way out, a fairly common fault and an expensive fix at about 1500
__________________
markg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 15:38   #4
RIBnet supporter
 
bedajim's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cambs/Northants
Length: no boat
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 2,499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar View Post
I had a Navara pick up from new for 3 years the only complaint I have with them is there very light on the back.
and even lighter in the snow.
Have a look here the nav in the pic is a d22 some had big problems with the engine

www.Nissan-navara.net
__________________
bedajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 15:42   #5
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedajim View Post
Have a look here the nav in the pic is a d22 some had big problems with the engine

www.Nissan-navara.net
Interesting you say that cos quite a few ads say re-engined generally around 70k-90k mile mark, also re-engined generally by Nissan dealers so also wonder if done as a warranty issue? even perhaps if out of manufacturers warranty.
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 15:57   #6
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Any particular reason a crewcab Hilux wouldn't do the job?
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 16:11   #7
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nos4r2 View Post
Any particular reason a crewcab Hilux wouldn't do the job?
No just haven't seen any in my budget that's all, the only ones around are single cab and the double cabs seem to have been to the moon and back :-)
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 16:38   #8
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: New Forest
Boat name: Charlie Brown
Make: Scorpion
Length: 8m +
Engine: 275 Verado
MMSI: 235069179
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,072
Send a message via MSN to Zippy
get yourself another X5! you know you loved playing as a drug dealer!
__________________
Zippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 17:18   #9
RIBnet admin team
 
Nos4r2's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: WhiteNoise/Dominator
Make: Ballistic 7.8/SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Opti 225/Yam 85
MMSI: 235090687/235055163
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,645
RIBase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
get yourself another X5! you know you loved playing as a drug dealer!
There's one knocking round by us painted matt black with chrome wheels. Looks quite....evil!
__________________
Need spares,consoles,consumables,hire,training or even a new boat?

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 March 2010, 17:25   #10
RIBnet supporter
 
Nauti Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: West Wittering
Length: no boat
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 1,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
get yourself another X5! you know you loved playing as a drug dealer!
Whilst an X5 would be great :-) it would get trashed :-( thank you mate :-)
__________________
richard@kidzrides.co.uk
Mobile: 07885 487777
Nauti Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:18.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.