Old 07 October 2007, 08:50   #11
Town: Colchester/Clevedon
Boat name: Barracuda
Make: Porters
Length: 5m +
Engine: Tohatsu 50hp
Originally Posted by Limey Linda View Post
I sure would like to see someone do a handbrake start on a really steep hill with an electric type.
My mum had an electric handbrake on her 2004 Renault Scenic Diesel and it worked really well actually. Hill starts were easy, all you had to do was give it some gas and it auto released. She has a Freelander 2 now and misses the auto handbrake (although the Freelanders auto-box is a real gem).

Originally Posted by BogMonster View Post
On the same theme I wonder how long the silly "push in key fob and separate starter button" will last on the Freelander 2's - again, what was wrong with a key to put in the ignition?
They've had them on Honda S2000s since 1999. I quite like them. More suited to sports cars though "gentlemen start your engines"!

GuyP is offline   Reply With Quote