Old 17 February 2007, 14:54   #21

Town: swansea
Boat name: Too Blue
Make: BLANK
Length: 8m +
Engine: Suzuki DT225
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBWET View Post

Get a sheet of very hard rubber 2-3 mil think about the size of a cushion.shove 200 needles through from the underside back the rubber/needles with thin ply so it looks like a bed of nails,find soft foam place over the needles, finish lovingly with some velvety material and place on the driver's seat.....then wait for your barsteward to arrive...

no need even to wait up worrying,you'll hear the screams.. it's great!!

I know a bloke who did exactly the same thing - used small nails though. Worked a treat until he found himself in court charged with ABH - he was facing 4 years in prison but got on on a technicality. It was very close.

The Police were far more interested in propsecuting him than the car thief who claimed the car was open and he was checking it was safe - despite the fact he had over 100 previous convictions!!!
Old 17 February 2007, 17:38   #22

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Length: 5m +
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
My view is, the options left to law abiding people are getting few and far between,as an approach some people may find my method disturbing

But the criminal makes the decision to break into the car.

operating outside the law is dangerous, however I would be more than willing to listen to some else's alternative, even if it was 50% as effective.

Anyway I think some one should set up a company selling these things, stabbedarses are us. sounds good.
Old 19 February 2007, 20:34   #23
RIBnet admin team

Town: The wilds of Wiltshire
Boat name: Dominator
Make: SR5.4
Length: 7m +
Engine: Yam 85
MMSI: 235055163
RIBase
I'm actually not sure I'd dare now. I've just been on the phone to a local councillor.

It appears that this lot are mainly comprised of the same gang that did the hammer attack in Wroughton that was on the national news last month. They've set up camp in a play area 300 yards from my house

The police are actually going to do something now.

Please click HERE and HERE and support our Trade Members.

Join up as a Trade member or Supporter HERE
Nos4r2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2007, 21:36   #24

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post
I know a bloke who did exactly the same thing - used small nails though. Worked a treat until he found himself in court charged with ABH - he was facing 4 years in prison but got on on a technicality. It was very close.

The Police were far more interested in propsecuting him than the car thief who claimed the car was open and he was checking it was safe - despite the fact he had over 100 previous convictions!!!
I am with you on this one codders, you will get done for creating a dangerous situation for the would be criminal. What do you do. Some places now just leave the keys nearly in the car (as inside the front door) of their houses for the thieves.
Time to bring back the Birch. You will not find this on the Isle of Man where the trouble makers still think they use the birch. They dont but the threat is still there.
Old 19 February 2007, 21:53   #25
RIBnet admin team

Boat name: imposter
Make: FunYak
Length: 3m +
Engine: Tohatsu 30HP
MMSI: 235089819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan View Post
I am with you on this one codders, you will get done for creating a dangerous situation for the would be criminal. What do you do. Some places now just leave the keys nearly in the car (as inside the front door) of their houses for the thieves.
Time to bring back the Birch. You will not find this on the Isle of Man where the trouble makers still think they use the birch. They dont but the threat is still there.
that depends on the attitude of the investigating officers. I know someone who disturbed two guys breaking into outbuildings on his farm and chased them down the road in his impreza (god knows why they threatened him with a carving knife!). He tried to run them off the road by smashing into the back of them. They got away when he decided it was doing too much damage to his car.

The officers taking his statement said "OK, what I am going to write down is 'they breaked hard and I was unable to stop before hitting them'."
Old 19 February 2007, 22:45   #26

Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Engine: Etec 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polwart View Post
that depends on the attitude of the investigating officers. I know someone who disturbed two guys breaking into outbuildings on his farm and chased them down the road in his impreza (god knows why they threatened him with a carving knife!). He tried to run them off the road by smashing into the back of them. They got away when he decided it was doing too much damage to his car.

The officers taking his statement said "OK, what I am going to write down is 'they breaked hard and I was unable to stop before hitting them'."
That's where a Defender comes in handy

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 February 2007, 22:54   #27

Town: Galway
Boat name: rockhopper
Make: ballistic
Length: 6m +
Engine: petrol
MMSI: TBC
You cannot beat having a few Dogs.

A few big Alsatians and a few Jack Russel Terriers to finish them off...
Let them at it...
Old 22 February 2007, 15:18   #28

Town: Ayrshire
Boat name: Raven
Make: Ribcraft
Engine: 150 suzuki
MMSI: 235040525
Quote:
Originally Posted by codprawn View Post

The police enforce the law, if the car was open and your crim was checking, the cushion obviously was not the owners........I think you have to give the police a little chance. "What bastard put that on my seat officer" look what it's done to that young man's arse.
Old 22 February 2007, 16:33   #29

Town: Dorset
Make: ribcraft
Length: 7m +
Engine: suzuki 250
A friend of mine collects cars for a repossesion/insurance company. he's not a bruiser or a thug, just collects the cars...

He has to take a torch, thick leather gloves and a wooden 'donut' frame thingy to put on the seat before he gets in the car because of the needle trick!
syringes mostly... nice eh?