Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
 
Old 17 December 2007, 16:40   #21
Member
 
Nick Hearne's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Bucks
Boat name: Blue & Ding Dong
Make: Ribeye,SR4 & Bombard
Length: 6m +
Engine: 115,50 & 15Hp Yams
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 3,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
Td4 ? you was robbed!
Mine shows a combined mpg of 26, but thats with very little dual carriageway and no motorway.
Oh and its been all but faultless (1 false indication) in over 3yrs and 32k miles.
There were early faults reported, but now the dealers know what they're doing with them reliability shouldn't be an issue.
yer but you do not get to drive it as it's your wifes car & my right foot is a big heavy size 12!
__________________

__________________
Nick Hearne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2007, 17:21   #22
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Hearne View Post
yer but you do not get to drive it as it's your wifes car & my right foot is a big heavy size 12!
I do try and keep the revs down, and even worse I caught myself counting out my change in our local shop, I've turned into that old bloke I've been trying to overtake and beat to the checkout for the last 30 years!
__________________

__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2007, 17:25   #23
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
I have regular use of a new TDV6 HSE, off to Gatwick with it next week 7up with fully loaded topbox and box trailer. It's a cracking thing, but still not in the same league as an X5 on road. In my opinion, for tamac use only and distance towing the X5 takes some beating. Off road the D3 is mustard.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 December 2007, 18:27   #24
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I have regular use of a new TDV6 HSE, off to Gatwick with it next week 7up with fully loaded topbox and box trailer. It's a cracking thing, but still not in the same league as an X5 on road. In my opinion, for tamac use only and distance towing the X5 takes some beating. Off road the D3 is mustard.
why aren't you using an X5 then?
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2007, 02:45   #25
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
why aren't you using an X5 then?
I OWN one!!
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2007, 02:55   #26
Member
 
Kernow Buoy's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Cornwall
Length: no boat
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollers View Post
I OWN one!!
I know that, I was hoping you were going to say you couldn't carry seven in it, I was then going to rumble on about off road, towing, carrying luggage, moving 7 people and asking what the Romans have ever done for us!

Actually I do agree with you, really like the X5 as a car but the practicality of the D3 all round is excellent.
Oh, off to Gatwick and back later this week too.
__________________
Kernow Buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2007, 05:20   #27
Member
 
havener's Avatar
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Far west!
Boat name: Vigilant
Make: Humber
Length: 6m +
Engine: 90hp
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 505
Or even better, Mitsubishi L200 - half the price of the Shogun, benefit of load space being seperate - excellent for dogs and dripping we boating gear.

Tows like a dream, you hadrly know anything's behind you.
__________________
havener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2007, 10:58   #28
Member
 
Country: Other
Town: Stanley, Falkland Is
Boat name: Seawolf
Make: Osprey Vipermax 5.8
Length: 5m +
Engine: Etec 150
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kernow View Post
There were early faults reported, but now the dealers know what they're doing with them reliability shouldn't be an issue.
Depends on whether you regard persistent failures putting vehicles off the road for extended periods of time because there are no parts available from LR to repair them as "an issue" or not I guess
__________________
A Boat is a hole in the water, surrounded by fibreglass, into which you throw money...

Sent from my Computer, using a keyboard and mouse
BogMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 December 2007, 12:55   #29
Member
 
Country: UK - England
Town: Mighty Penryn
Boat name: Little Joe.
Make: Avon Searider
Length: 4m +
Engine: Honda BF50
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by havener View Post
Or even better, Mitsubishi L200 - half the price of the Shogun, benefit of load space being seperate - excellent for dogs and dripping we boating gear.

Tows like a dream, you hadrly know anything's behind you.
Yep, have an L200, good tool.
__________________
Mollers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 December 2007, 15:36   #30
Member
 
Country: Australia
Town: Melbourne
Make: Vipermax
Length: 5m +
Engine: Suzuki DF140
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogMonster View Post
Depends on whether you regard persistent failures putting vehicles off the road for extended periods of time because there are no parts available from LR to repair them as "an issue" or not I guess
Stephen, anything in particular that's a problem?

In their sales pitch, LR stressed how they had made parts more affordable. But.... I just broke a fog light lens cover and LR say they have to replace the whole unit for $800 - say 330 pounds. I'm looking for alternatives!!
__________________

__________________
Apherel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.