Originally Posted by thorper
Not really Jono. I live in a very built up area where using large 4x4 vehicles for the school run / shopping is rather antisocial. I don't expect everyone to agree with that, but thats life
Good grief. If you're worried about the appeasing the militant environmentalists, don't let on that you actually own a powerboat. That'll send them into conniptions. Here are 10 reasons why you should sell your RIB:
1. You're not a commercial fisherman.
2. Your family and relatives can all fit in a 4x4 converted to a drift boat watertight enough to make the passage from Cuba to Miami (or would you be heading to Cuba? - I hear it's a real utopia over there).
3. We should relish breathing in the downtown air while driving our cars rather than inhaling an offshore breeze.
4. The money saved on your RIB could be used for the important things in life like sex, drugs and rock & roll.
5. If your grandchildren experience a RIB outing they might actually enjoy it enough that they eventually purchase their own. This could result in a proliferation of RIBs on the water and and a shortage of people diving there environmentally friendly cars in the cities.
6. You will be less likely to kill a swimmer the next time you go through a roped off swimming area by the beach at 40 knots.
7. After not doing #6 you will be even less
likely to hit the reverse and get the child you just narrowly missed while aiming for the parent on the first run through.
8. While you will be more likely to injure people in other cars now that you are spending more time in your car rather than a boat, you will be much, much less likely to injure other people in boats.
9. You will spend a lot more time driving (since you no longer have the boat option).
10. You can obsess about what other people think about you while driving your car (in the city), rather than worrying about silly things like boueys and navigational instruments and such.